Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I'm curious if there are any members of Delta Waterfowl here? After becoming extremely addicted to duck hunting last year I have come to realize that the local chapters banquet is only a couple of weeks away, and I have decided to attend. Purchased my banquet ticket today, which also includes my membership. I am really looking forward to it and finding out more about the organization. I may have to become more involved than "just a member" after seeing what all it is about.

B

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never been a member of Delta Waterfowl, but I was a member of Ducks Unlimited for quite a while. I was always getting some pretty cool stuff from them. Both are great organizations!

They both do a LOT for wetlands conservation, and wildlife conservation in general. As well as hunter education.

My mother used to be a chef for a billionaire (who shall remain nameless) who is a very avid outdoorsman. In her position, she actually met the presidents of both organizations on several occasions, as well as some world class wing shooters such as Chris Dorsey.

Her boss thought them both to be good enough organizations to donate large quantities of money to, along with many other conservational organizations such as The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Quail Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, and others.
My opinion is that it's never a bad thing to belong to any wildlife conservation group, and Delta Waterfowl is one of the best.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I switched over 10 years ago from DU to Delta Waterfowl.
I am of the opinion that Delta does more with less in regards to Duck Management.
DU IMHO is just a big club for the well-to-do and does absolutely nothing for the states at the bottom of the Flyways.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Raider

With my Delta Waterfowl hat

Louisiana Governor's Cup Field Trial Championship Trophy which Raider won in 2008.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Well it sounds even better now. I had almost joined DU last year, but it was somewhat intangible. Sure my membership does something for the good, but Delta holds more of a local presence here where I can see what is going on. I'm really looking forward to getting to the banquet, and seeing what comes after that.

B

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Also, saint007, if you don't mind my asking what state are you in? I'm in Texas. Mostly found green wing teal, gadwall, ringneck, mallards, and buffle heads last year. Really hoping for a blue wing teal, redhead, and pintail this year.

B

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
South Louisiana.
The middle photo above was taken in Venice, La which is the very southeast part of the state. Hunt in the morning and fish the rest of the day. From left to right there are; Mottled Ducks, Pintail, Greys, Teal.
Now that I live in the Lafayette area, I mostly hunt White Fronted Geese and fish.
I also hunt a lot north of Monroe La. for White Fronted Geese (Specklebellies) and Mallards.
I've hunted with Raider from Saskatchewan, Canada to Gueydan, La.
This is my late yellow Lab female Booty Tattoo taken at the deer camp.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I have heard lots of good about La. Saint, both of your dogs are beauties. My first, a chocolate lab will be picked up August 23rd, and I cannot wait. I am looking forward to hunting this season with a couple of fellows who have dogs. I have yet to see one at work in person.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.