PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2017
I’ve been smoking a pipe for 3 years. I’m the type of guy that does a lot of research so I took the advice of a lot of pipe smokers and dedicated a couple of pipes to Latakia. I have to say the smell of Latakia was off putting for a while but I truly enjoyed the taste. However, as I continued to use those dedicated pipes the Latakia smell became so strong I couldn’t stand them anymore - they amplified the smell. I guess I like Latakia in a fresh pipe but one that is ghosted is too powerful. Have any of you experienced this and do you have any suggestions? I really like Squadron leader but don’t want the smell to kill me after a couple of smokes.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
In such a case, I recommend keeping your Lat pipes well wiped out after smoking and no cake. Take my advice, I'm not using it!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have a Nording briar pipe and an MM Gentleman corn cob pipe that I dedicated to heavy Latakia blends. After each smoke I twist a pipe cleaner and clean the walls of the pipes. So I second dottiewarden.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I’d give the hot water cleaning method a whirl. It really keeps my stinky pipes (Latakia, strong Oriental blend pipes) from being stinky. You can find information about how here in the forum via a search. Just be sure to do the chamber stuff and twist with a paper towel after the rinse. It keeps your cake strong and thin too.

Status
Not open for further replies.