PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
. . . but five-year-old L1Q in a cob is a mighty tasty smoke, I have to admit.
(Sure I put all my latakia blends in a drawer so they wouldn't see. But that's just being kind.)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good for you. Probably after 5 years some of the vanilla has dissipated. I'm a lat guy too but there are times I crave something sweet and turn to Rattray Bagpiper's Dream and C&D Gentleman Caller. We all have our weak moments.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I will occasionally smoke a bowl of some aro but almost never two bowls in a row.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Yeah listen. I won't do this again any time soon. I mean it was a one-time thing, ya know, this one time at band camp.
You smoke one bowl of an aro, that doesn't mean you're and ARO-SMOKER, does it? I'm still me. Really.
It's just. . . . dammit. . . .sometimes you just want to feel pretty.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I actually just ordered an aromatic sampler from 4noggins just as a change of pace. When I am smoking around people I figured I would give them a different aroma than my normal flakes. Plus I have a couple of pipes that I used to use for aromatics and they are feeling neglected. The pipe Gods frown upon neglected pipes and ya have to appease the pipe Gods if you want all your other pipes to perform at their optimum.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Are all aromatics as sickly sweet as Captain Black?

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
"feeling pretty"LOL
Must be something in the air today. I just mixed a bowl of a Peretti aro with some dark flake, for a change of pace smoke.

Maybe its because of the Derby Day Mint Juleps I am consuming. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As long as the taste is tobacco-forward, an aro now and then is a pleasant variation. I sure get a lot less bite from non-aromatics.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Like papipeguy, the only aro I can tolerate at times is Bagpiper's Dream for a change of pace. Other than that I can't stand them. It's not a matter of hating them, but simply a matter that I find them a waste of time and money as they impart absolutely no taste whatsoever, much less giving me any satisfaction. I think the worse aro I ever encountered was Molto Dolce. If one likes smoking something that smells like Play-Doh then this is for you. I do at times smoke 1-Q (until I get rid of the damnable stuff) when my granddaughter is over as she loves the smell, but more often than not I'll light up a bowl of Bagpiper's Dream as she likes that also. But, whatever floats your boat is all that really matters. :wink:

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Glad I browsed this thread...just placed Bagpipers Dream on my list for my next order. Thanks, all.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I love Aromatics, when someone ELSE is smoking them...lol.
Glad you found something to satisfy that sweet taste-bud of yours!
Marlin flake is as sweet as I like to get and that natural caramelized sugar is just the ticket.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Sometimes, only a sweet, quality aromatic does the job for me. Mostly in the evenings after supper. A bowl filled with a sweet tasting aro makes for a healthy, no calories dessert. (-:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I appreciate all tobaccos given my mood. Sometime a good sweet smoke is exactly what I need.

I smoke an aromatic as my first smoke on mornings when I am fixin' breakfast for the kids. They had complained that they smelled like they were at an all night poker game when they got to school, so now I have an aro in the rotation. Some are very tasty. My favorites are Virginia based, but there are a few that I mix, tinker with, to get a balance going. I really like Newminster's Blackberry Brandy mixed 50/50 with Firedance. Vanilla Cream flake is good as it is, and McClelland's Deep Hollow is a good one as well. But, I'm sure there are lots of good ones out there. I am always giving new ones a try. I prefer mine to compliment the aromas of breakfast cooking.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Tasty and Aro in the same sentence...ugh.
Yep! I dug one out in honor of this thread. I think it's an aro. Tin note say aro. Taste say Burley VA and Cavendish.

INDIAN RIVER GOLD/MATES DELIGHT

Blended with just the right proportion of golden Virginia and Burleys, the basic blend of toasted cavendish tobaccos takes on a zesty dimension. This is one that gets better as you smoke it all day long. My best selling blend.

I dunno, I got this at a B&M and talked with the owner who supposedly blends. It could simply be a Lane product that is relabeled.

I will say that it has the necessary ingredients to make for enjoyment. AND it is really pretty looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.