PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"At the end, it leaves the palate with a nectarous cola-like aftertaste, mild enough on the nicotine to inspire another bowl, and exceedingly gentle on the tongue."

"And remember to smoke it slowly; there’s a reason it was chosen for this year’s national slow-smoke competition in Chicago."

One of my "Big Five" that I am laying up. Completely agree with E. Roberts' assessment/review. Another great article. Did not know it was chosen for the slow-smoke competition, what a great choice.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I got a sample of this at the Chicago Pipe Show and absolutely love it. SPC sure does have some nice tobacco!

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
@Kevin, what pipes are those in the picture? I really like the stems on those!

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Great article! :wink: That tea and pureed strawberry drink sounds wonderful!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another one for my never ending list. Since the blend gets high marks for taste, it really scores with the addition of good burn characteristics, which aren't there with every tasty blend.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I just smoked 2 full bowls of this last night courtesy of the Seattle Pipe Club. It is just sublime. The Potlatch is actually my favorite though. Just wait til that one gets distributed better...
:D

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
It might be the best VaPer I've ever smoked. I've been trying a mess of different ones lately but I've not found one as complex as DP. Great stuff.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I freaking love this tobacco. Ordered 8oz tin from P&C it arrived Monday and I spent the week smoking it. Just ordered 4 more tins :worship:
I am not a gourmet smoker, but this for me is a great smoke. It does not bite (I am one of those guys who has to work at keeping it slow), it seems slightly sweet, leaves a good aftertaste, and burns as well as anything I have ever smoked. I really love it. The taste is complicated for me to diagnose, it comes across with little bursts of various flavors. I can taste the Virginia notes and Perique, for me it is almost sweet and sour at some points.
Wyfbane, if the Potlatch is better I have to get some :lol:
I have only smoked one Turkish blend, Peter Stokkebye's Turkish 84. Not having a rich experience with Turkish, that maybe what separates this VaPer from the others I have been enjoying. If you like VaPer tobacco, give it a shot.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Can't speak highly enough of Deception Pass - it's a wonderfully tasty, blend that virtually smokes itself. I have to say that if I had to chose one marque to smoke for the rest of my life, SPC would be up there, with HU from Germany.
Andy

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Just love it....just a little hard for me to get. Funny thing is Im actually a member of SPC, hopefully once more retailers get it it will find its way into my cellar.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The flavors available in many VA/periques are often astounding. This tobacco would appear to be different in the flavors it offers.. Take for instance Mr. Roberts review. There is hardly any mention of the flavors often ascribed to these blends but instead those that could be termed exotic.
Which just made up my mind to buy a tin or two:).

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
SPC has got to be one of the hardest tobaccos to find! And I live just about 45 minutes away from Seattle/Tacoma area. Every blend I have got lucky enough to try have been amazing though!

Status
Not open for further replies.