PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Ok here's the deal fellas. We will be meeting at Timba Cigar and Pipe at 2pm. The shop closes at 5 but the owner said no problems with staying open late for us. It is BYOB with plenty of places close by for food and drink if we need it. Those who are going to hang around for a while are welcome to join me back at my house for more drinks and bullshitting (5 minutes away) or we can grab a bite to eat at one of the hundreds of restaurants in the area. The wife is out of town so the only thing I have to worry about is letting the dogs out to pee. Please respond to this thread with all questions and with a confirmation. Bring anything you want to share or trade as I will be bringing a decent amount of stuff with me for people to partake in if they please. I will bring a box of ziploc baggies as well. Below is the address for the B&M. There is a nice set-up upstairs with leather couches and recliners and a big screen TV.
162 West Olentangy Street

Powell, OH 43065

(614) 760-9730

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Coolers allowed, 6-12 pack of suds. Dhizzy and I will be leaving at 11:30ish. Grousemoor+ froggy cellar??

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have an unopened tin of groussmoor. would be great to try before i break the seal. bring what you please. gwtwbss sent be some stuff to share with you guys as well and he sends his regards and disappointment of not being able to make it.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I am still planning on it but my freaking in-laws have decided to do their family Christmas that day. Not sure the wife wants to go, it's up near Toledo. So, if she nixes it, I will be there.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I'll be there with Jeff. Jason, does the pipe shop guy expect us to spend a ton? Its just before Christmas, family van took hundreds to fix today, it rains, it pours...etc...etc. I am lucky to be making it up. Just don't want to dissapoint the guy by not spending much and don't want him upset with you.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
He doesn't expect us to spend anything. I will because I always do while in there. But don't feel obligated

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I may be able to stop by for a little while early on. I'll bring a few Boswell blends for folks to try.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've been planning on attending, but work may take priority.
I'll know more as the week progresses.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
He doesn't expect us to spend anything. I will because I always do while in there. But don't feel obligated
Its not that I can't spend anything; I just have to watch it, that's all. Murphy couldn't have shown up at a worse time :roll: But all of that aside, I can't wait for a nice relaxing day, see you guys there. Thanks Jason for taking the time and initiative to put this together. :clap:

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Danindayton, how long do you plan on staying. Dhizzy and I are coming from cincy and could meet up for carpooling . Prob. not staying real late.

Jeff

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Awesome guys!!! I can't wait! I told Tom about it and he was excited to hear. He has 5 fresh estates he's going to try and have cleaned up before we get there. Also 4 Peterson Christmas Pipes of all different shapes. Also has a lot of his cigar gift sets in as well. I will let everyone know ahead of time that his pipe tobacco selection is NOT large. He's been slowly adding, and I've talked him into ordering some of my favorite blends. Most of his bulks are Lane Limited Blends though which are in ample supply. Also he is know to give out free tins of tobacco, don't want anyone to expect anything but it will be a great time. I will be there at 1 so I'm there ahead of time. Like I said before, the shop closes at 5, but he offered to stay open later. Everyone is welcome to come to my house afterwards which is 5 minutes down the road. Unfortunately we cant smoke inside, but I have a full stocked bar with a fresh keg of Yuengling.

Status
Not open for further replies.