PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Hey guys, I hate to start a topic thats probably been covered before but I didnt see this in a forum search. I have two "Krumble Kake" tobaccos I just got that I'm very excited to try for the first time, the legendary Gaslight and the rare Butera Kingfisher that I scored in a trade. Problem is... I dont know what to do with it! Whats the best way to prepare these? What kind of drying time should I shoot for?
Thanks in advance,

BnB

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Some guys cube cut, I just peel and stuff. I haven't had the butera but the gaslight could use a little drying. It is a good smoke.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Seriously? If they truly are crumble cakes, then you crumble them in your palm. And then you put that tobacco in your pipe.
"Krumble Kake," by the way, is the name of a specific blend. "Crumble cake" is an informal -- and rarely used -- descriptor. I'd put Penzance in this category, even though it comes as flakes; they are so fragile, that they easily fall apart in the palm.
If it's solid enough so that you can actually cut it, then I'd say it's not a crumble cake. But if it is. . . well the only "directions" you need are in the name.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.