PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
As I'm getting more and more into the aromatic tobacco from this part of Europe and that I decided to smoke them only in filtered pipes, I found my two 9mm filtered pipes sometimes not enough for my use.

I have 2 9mm filtered pipes, but neither of them are German, and as 9mm filters are the invention in Germany, I am looking into the German branded pipes: VAUEN being the largest with longest history and then a dozen smaller brands while db Design Berlin being the one that survives relatively well.

I am a follower of traditional form and aesthetics and the recent designs VAUEN are getting funkier and funkier with their older designs only emerge back in the estate market occasionally.

For db Design Berlin pipes, one aspect that holds me back from getting one is their 'twin bore' stem design - I never want to clean the mouthpiece two times while it seems to take a lot more work to create a mouthpiece like this (similar to the alternative design in P-lip). Not every pipes from them are 'twin bore' though.
Bellini.jpg

jpf_2014.jpg

Freehand_1.png

Freehand_2_en.png

02.png

In my opinion, their staff have to smile more...

:laughat:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
They are German, they don't have to smile!
The classic shapes are to my liking as well, but as you move into the more elaborate stuff, I'm left behind.
Thanks for bringing this German Brand to my attention.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
The problem for some of these pipes is I would purchase it then I wouldn't want to smoke it because these are a work of art.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the twin bore issue, about five years ago, I bought a "Made in London" Britannia bent smooth Dublin.

The price was so good, I omitted to notice it was a twin bore. The discovery was a downer, but over time

it has proven to be a good pipe. The extra trip for the pipe cleaner takes seconds, and it has a good open,

even draw. The twin bore simply isn't a problem.
On db Berlin Design pipes, I think their design is pretty eye-catching. I don't want to get into yet another

filter size/system (9mm) but I could easily take the plunge on a particular pipe.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
In my fervent quest for a spigot pipe I was looking at some dB pipes. They make lovely designs and are made with German craftsmanship sooo how can that be bad.
Didn't end up with one, but definately would't mind one down the road.
I wouldn't worry about twinbore. I am with mso. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Good luck in your hunt.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
They are beautiful and quality pipes.

I wish I could afford to have some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.