PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Anyone else going to load up a bowl of their favorite tobacco in their favorite pipe and kick back to watch a bunch of guys (and one lady) make a bunch of left turns at 200 miles per hour? :D I know I am. I know a lot of people just don't get Nascar racing, but there really is more to it than just making a bunch of left turns and driving in circles for hours on end. Personally I love the sport. And the athletes (yes they're athletes... try forcing a big heavy car to go into a turn at the speeds they're driving or even just maneuver around other drivers or even avoid wrecks) are stand up guys... and gals. I couldn't tell you if any of them smoke a pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
I requested the day off (not something I do often)at work specifically so I could watch the race. I had to be at work the next day at 5am. If the race had gone on any longer I'd have missed the end. All in all it was a great race. I'm a Tony Stewart fan first and foremost, but I'm always pleased to see Dale Jr do well. And he did well indeed. Good for Dale jr to start the season off with a win. :)
Metalhead, I smoked multiple pipes just during the delay lol....

Jan 8, 2013
I wasn't there, Warren. I watched at home. I am planning on making it to Texas Motor Speedway when they come this way in April... hoping anyway lol.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I was very Happy for Dale. He was due! Felt really bad for Danica. She ran a good race and it ended badly for her. She has courage and talent. I admire her and am a fan. She is also very easy to look at! I gave up a day of downhill skiing for the race. As it turned out, I could have done both with the rain delay. Still, I did enjoy the day in front of the Plasma.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
anthony: I watch golf in the winter time up here. I do it just to reassure myself that there are indeed places that are not covered in snow and that are sunny and warm. I'm not there physically but, mentally I'm all in. I put on the Bermudas (belt up near the chest), black socks (calf length), sandals, and of course a really loud, cheap Aloha shirt.
If I'd of watched the 500 I'd have had on my ball cap, rain slicker, inverted pipe, cowboy boots and a beer very close at hand.
I live vicariously through the flat-screen. Gets me through the winter.
I'll keep to myself what I wear when watching Lawrence Welk reruns on PBS. And, I'll it to your imaginations as to what I'm wearing while I type this.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@ anthonyrosenthal - Dale Jr. has been my favorite driver since 2000. I was a big Dale Sr. fan before that. My second favorite driver is Tony Stewart. Back in 2012 I went to the Las Vegas race where Dale Jr. ran really good and led the most laps, but unfortunately he got stuck in the pack in the end. Tony came out on top that day, so overall it was a very good day as my two favorites both did really well.
Dale Jr. has had a tough go of things the last 5-6 years, and he finally put together a great season last year but one bad race in the Chase cost him the Championship. Maybe this will be his year. I hope so anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.