PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Hello all,

I am trying to put together a regular pipe smoking meet-up, one evening a month at the Wharf tobacco shop in Dayton, Ohio. I have spoken to the owner Ron and to the manager Jeff and they were both very enthusiastic about the idea. I know there are quite a few members here from Dayton and the surrounding area. I live about an hour away in eastern Indiana. This will be a relaxed atmosphere where all kinds of pipes and tobaccos are welcome. The Wharf has a well appointed smoking room where we can relax, smoke and shoot the breeze. Alcohol is permitted but not sold there, so if you want to drink you need to bring your own. If you've never been to the Wharf, they carry a nice selection of tinned tobaccos and about two dozen or so bulk tobaccos. They also carry quite a nice selection of pipes, with plenty of briars, meerschaums and cobs to choose from. I would like this to be a regular monthly event and if we get enough people maybe we can form a Dayton area pipe club. Please comment on which day of the week works best for you.
Thank you,

Philobeddoe

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I would give it a go philobeddoe. There's a group meeting once a month at The Stogie Smoke Shop in Huber Heights. It would be good to get them involved. The only way I know about that group is a member on the forum @Dan posted something about it in the past. I'm yet to attend one of their meetings. It doesn't matter to me what night is chosen to meet up. I'm open, but would probably pick a evening earlier in the week because it can get crowded now that the lounge is finished.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
I visit Beavercreek occasionally for business, and always hit the Wharf! I'll try to sync to your schedule...I got my boss smoking a pipe,too so I'll be cleared to put it on the agenda :)

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Pagan...it's just a hop, skip and a jump to Dayton from West Texas. Hell, you could be here in a mere 20 hours or so! We'll keep a chair open for you!

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Wish there was a pipe club I was aware of when I lived in Dayton in the early '90s. Maybe I wouldn't have spent those years smoking Bugler and Drum RYO out of a pipe. :oops:

Good luck in getting something together.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
A pipe meet-up sounds like an awesome idea ... I wish there was one close to me.
In fact, it sounds like "A real nice way to spend a day in Dayton, Ohio, on a lazy sunday afternoon..."
Sorry, couldn't resist :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrTdiNkhnOc

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The Wharf does carry cobs, quite a few actually and they have a good sized lounge that is indeed cigar friendly and they have a cigar club gathering every Thursday evening.

Oct 31, 2016
Hello Everyone,
First and foremost, I want to give a shout out to philobeddoe for starting this thread and keeping up on it. I know it isn't an easy task, and we all appreciate it. I hopefully have something that will interest guys in the Dayton area looking for a meet up. The Wharf in Beavercreek is starting a pipe club, and the kick off event is this Monday, November 7th, from 3-9. They will have a rep from Laudisi in to show off Savinelli Autographs and other LDG products. There will be a pipe smoking contest that they hope to live stream on facebook. They will be offering a discount for that night on certain products, and will also be offering permanent discounts on pipes and tinned tobaccos for the guys who sign up for their pipe club. The pipe club will have monthly meet ups at the store as well as other cool kick backs for members. Here is the link to the email that was sent out about the event - http://eepurl.com/cmh3Zv . Hopefully I'll see some of you guys out at the event. Feel free to reply or message me with any questions.
Thanks all and happy smoking!

M

Sounds good. I'll stop by sometime after work.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Sounds like fun..hope you get a good turnout.

I like Dayton..usta go there for volleyball tournaments when I played.

Plus, it's home to my favorite twins, Kim and Kelley Deal

M

Kim and Kelley Deal
They're good people. I never knew either of them well, but hung out with Kim a couple times and took pictures of them both at various shows. Kelley once when she played with The Frogs and Kim when she was doing Tammy & The Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.