PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
I quit dip a few weeks ago. Managed to do pretty well. Some wicked withdrawal at first, but at least that's done with.
I was packing up my insulated coverall's today, and as I checked the pockets I found most of a plug of Day's Work. Still somewhat moist. Debating tossing it or at least chewing it, as it cost me $16 and my frugal soul would hate to see that go to waste.
I'm wondering if it would make a decent smoke though. Should I give it a shot?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never smoked it, but I've chewed my fair share of Days Work! I always preferred Bull Of The Woods though, and I've also chewed quite a bit of Cannonball.

Out of curiosity, where are you at? I've never paid that much for a plug! I think the last one I bought was about $4.

May 31, 2012
You should at least give it a go, who knows you might like it...
...several guys on TR seemed to diggit,

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1763/days-work-days-work
I love plugs,

finally went and got a proper cutter, like the one below but without the advertisement,

5063723_1_l.jpg

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
@ Petes03 Good ole Taxachusetts. $10 for a tin of Kodiak or Copenhagen. $5 if you go to the hajimart and buy a roll.
@misterlowercase, that's a sweet cutter

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cuchulain:
You wrote: "$10 for a tin of Kodiak or Copenhagen."
I am so sorry.
I live in Kansas and pitched a bitch when my tin of Red Man dip shot up last year from .99 cents to a buck twenty nine.
I think I'll just sit out here in the middle of flyover country - maybe one of the best damned secrets ever - and count my blessings.
Fnord

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Gave it a shot when I got up this morning. Awful idea. Wouldn't stay lit and smelled terrible. Taste just wasn't much of anything.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
At least you tried it, maybe pitching it out won't be as hard now.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Well I ended up pitching it after all. Chewed a bit of it. Puked my guts up. Apparently I've lost the knack for not managing to swallow any of the juice.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
@cuchulain, I chewed for about 6 years before I started the pipe. I do miss me some red man and levi garrett some days, especially on long drives or fishing. I have been thinking about buying a pouch but I may pass now that I know you puked your guts out!

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Kicked dip a few years ago... very happy with myself about that. Congrats. It's the crack of the tobacco world.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I laughed my butt off on this thread! :lol:

Kudos for having the nads to try it!!! I can only imagine the tase! Probably about as good as s moking Skoal! lol

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
As an aside... I quit dipping Copenhagen four times. Made it to a year the first three times, then cranked back up. The fourth time, I was serious. Haven't had a dip in 12 years now. Best of luck. That stuff wreaks havoc on your gums.

Status
Not open for further replies.