PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wife left for work this morning at 6am. I got up at 7:30, made a cup of coffee, filled my Dunny with mixture of CH and Penz. Lit up, took a sip of coffee, turned on the computer and checked out some posts. Turned on the TV and there was an old Western playing with The Duke. Watched that, had another coffee and a bowl of CH. Jumped in the shower, went to Tim Hortons. Took a walk around the "Trailor Hood" and chatted with some neighbours. Now it is about 4:00pm so I think it is time for a nap. Hopefully tomorrow will be some more of the same. Gotta love 3 days in a row off.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
Mmm...Tim Hortons...on my radar for after dinner. Sounds like you had a great day...awesome!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Sounds like a great day. I started my day off with my boy askin to watch Diego, then my other boy woke up and they were off to the races. Then once I got them down for a nap I sat outside in the sun in my yard lounger and smoked a bowl of Davidoffs Red Blend!!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Awesome day!
Tim's donuts aren't as good as they used to be, but the coffee is still addictive. My go to sugar/caffeine fix for long trips down the 401 was a Boston Creme and a medium Ice Capp. The perfect blend to stay awake...

Dec 24, 2012
Roth, all the dunkin donuts here went broke. In fact, there is still a bunch of litigation over it.
That said, although I like Tim Hortons, I am also a fan of Dunkin Donuts when I head down south.

Dec 24, 2012
And even though I like Dunkin Donuts, I still blame you guys for Charbucks. Man, do I ever hate the coffee there. And what is this pretentious Venti, Grande crap? We are simple people and like "small, medium and large"

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Got up early, grabbed some TIMMIES, and went down to a recording studio to do some group vocals for a friend. Smoked a nice cob with some Killington. Now back at the GF's place, catching up on my Coronation St. And having a pint with another bowl of Killington. Then some dinner, and a bowl of Double Fantasy later on.

Dec 24, 2012
In an admittedly uninteresting side note, my inlaws live about 200 feet from where Tim Horton died after crashing his Panterra. My wife's father heard the crash and ran to the scene. He tells a pretty grizzly story.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Skapunk, I'll have to get you to do some group vox on my next CD. I end up doing them all by myself on multiple tracks doing different "voices". Not the same...
Roth- :laughat: Dunkin Donuts?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The word, "venti" in Italian means twenty. Which is what a Venti coffee at Starbucks is; twenty ounces. Why the Tall is called that is beyond me because it's anything but. Same with the Grande.
Personally, you can have your Dunkin's and Timmies... I like my fresh-roasted coffee that I get at the local Public Market on Saturdays.
-Jason

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm just yankin your chains, to be honest I'm not a big Tim's guy either (dont tell anyone, I could lose my passport).

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Same for me. I relaxed this morning, did a bit of cleaning, ran some deliveries for a friend of mine during the supper rush. I came home and relaxed with my wife watching Elementary and enjoyed my night off from the craziness and noise of the factory. (deeeeep breath in. And exhale satisfied)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I have had too many coffees today... I started with Timmie's, then had seven coffees in 7 different Second Cup cafes, then finished up cupping coffees at the Bridgehead roastery here in Ottawa.
I think I've done my part to support the Canadian coffee industry. While I work for one of the chains mentioned above, and generally don't like the coffee from one of the others, the nice thing about the coffee biz, is that everyone has an option and the market can support different types/roasts/styles.
For me the biggest deal with making a great coffee is starting with coffee that was fresh when it was roasted, and has been roasted recently, and was consumed relatively quickly after purchasing. That and using enough grinds to make a good tasting cup. I like about 60g per litre of water, regardless of brew method. 2 tablespoons per cup is not a bad standard to live by.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.