Davorin & Altinok Calabash

(6 posts)
  • Started 10 months ago by fishnbanjo
  • Latest reply from brian64
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well I obviously haven’t finished smoking the oldest Calabash I posted earlier but will finish it and this, the newest Calabash I own. Where the original was made in the classic guise of a Calabash this one takes it to heights nobody, except messers Danovic and Altinok have collaborated to bring it to life.

The business end, or Meerschaum cup, was made by Pipemaker Sinan Altinok who intricately carved the beautiful pattern it sports. Davorin Denovic was responsible for the gourd end, which he made from very Black Morta, around 10,000 y/o, the accent is a brass band followed by some faux Amber and the stem is a modern Smoky Amber reproduction. Keeping it smokey with more of the 2002 Virginia no. 1 from Mac Baren.
    banjo

Posted 10 months ago #
  2. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Now that is a beautiful piece. Wow!

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 10 months ago #
  3. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Geez, Sante, you must have a million pipes, lol. Congrats though. That is a beauty. Love the latice work on the bowl top.

Posted 10 months ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, for up-market pipes in primo smoking condition, I think fish' must have the Forums record, which is saying a lot with some of the members here. Someone else might get the numbers with boxes of used pipes in lots, but not the top notch artisanal and exotic other pipes.

Posted 10 months ago #
  5. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Banjo, in a collection of beautiful pipes, that pipe stands out as a stunner.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 10 months ago #
  6. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The business end, or Meerschaum cup, was made by Pipemaker Sinan Altinok who intricately carved the beautiful pattern it sports. Davorin Denovic was responsible for the gourd end, which he made from very Black Morta, around 10,000 y/o, the accent is a brass band followed by some faux Amber and the stem is a modern Smoky Amber reproduction.

That is truly in a class all by itself...just an incredible creation.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 10 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   charf, sparrowhawk, mityahicks