Davis & Sons Tobacconist Wilmington, NC, Worth a Visit!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I'm up visiting my Marine buddy. He is stationed at Camp Lejeune. Today we went down to Wilmington, NC as I had seen that they had a decent looking B&M. Well I was very satisfied. It is a great little shop. Decorated with lots of vintage signs, tins, and antique pipes on the wall, there is lots of history to look at. They had a nice selection of pipes in all price ranges from Baskets to Dunhills and also pipe accessories,; bags, pouches, lighters, racks, and pipe tools. They also had a nice selection of house blends. Not much in tins, but definitely worth a visit if you are in the area. The staff was very pleasant, asked us lots of questions about our smoking habits, and they were very knowledgeable as well. I bought a couple of ounces of a bulk and we settled in for a nice little midday smoke. I would post pics here but photobucket says my bandwidth limit is maxed out, so I posted pics here, hope that is ok. I also posted a pic of the sweet King George clay pipe I got there. https://www.facebook.com/ThePipery

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I'm in Morehead City these days. Wilmington is only about 1.5 hours away. I'll have to make a trip to check it out.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It would be worth the trip just to talk to the owner. But he has lots of cool tobacciana, some on walls, some in cases, and some very interesting pipes too. I saw two briar pipes with double bowl chambers and one that was a poker shape, but the bowl looked like a, castle and had to be 4 inches tall. Also lots of nice SMS meers, I forgot to mention.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a quick run from the Triangle area because of I-40, and I'm way overdue for a coast trip, though

Morehead City is my old stomping grounds. Is Davis and Sons on the water, more or less?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I put a link, my photobucket is currently not working, I have exceeded my bandwidth and I need to go into the office to clear it out.

tank

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
I'm currently stationed here in Camp Lejeune and I have a Marine who lives down near Wilmington. I had recently gotten him into the pipe smoking habit and he went to David and Son's to buy his first Missouri Meer. He has nothing but good things to say about them. I just may have to make a trip down to Wilmington to test it out.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I've been to Davis and Sons a couple of times when we make our beach runs. It is a great old B&M with a lot of history well worth a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.