PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
As I am not a Va/Per fan because I hate Virginias tastes like shitty cheap cigarettes to me, I were reluctant to try one with a touch of black Cavendish. However this really isn't that bad. It will never be my go to blend or something that I would miss if it goes away, but its quite tolerable and actually smells pretty good. I don't usually smoke coins so loading the pipe is a bit tricky for me but I will smoke this whole tin. Even if I never buy another tin of this stuff I shan't regret this purchase.
I will look for such a similar blend dark fired Kentucky, perique, Cavendish blend to try.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I would recommend you try Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake. Many, myself among them, would suggest it's the exact same blend (made, as it is, at the same factory with the same equipment), only cheaper as it's sold in bulk.
Based on what you said, I would also recommend Rattray's Marlin Flake and Robert McConnell's Scottish Cake. You might find each of them a pleasant departure from the more traditional VaPer that you don't seem to care for. The Marlin Flake is going to deliver the touch of Cavendish and some stewed fruit (rather than peppery) Perique on a base of sweet Virginia. The Scottish Cake will deliver the Kentucky, along with the Perique and Virginia in a very nicely proportioned blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.