PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I'd like to share something unbelievable that just happened to me. I bought a new pipe from David Jones a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the upper button on the lucite stem had cracked. A message to David about the problem and the pipe was on it's way to him for a repair. Today, only 5 days later, a package came from David Jones Pipes and when I opened it not only was my pipe repaired but he had included 2 new briar pipes as a compensation for the cracked button. David is quite certainly one of the more honest and caring individuals in the trade.

Reactions: MinnesotaNice

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
anthonyrose
David Jones did that:
http://www.davidjonespipes.com
A phenomenal person.....

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
That was so far above and beyond great service I can't even draw a comparison to any situation I heard of before. When I'm in the market for a new pipe I'll definitely be looking at Mr. Jones' pipes. I really like those bents.

Good for both of you

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
He makes a nice pipe at a great price. I won a poker on ebay a couple of months ago. Nice, thick walls and a large bowl. He also enclosed a handwritten thank you note. It made me wish I could have bought it in person.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
From reading The Pipe Smoker Ephemeris back-issues, David Jones used to be one of the top carvers and very active. Back then, he only made smooth pipes and he was very active at events. Since then, it appears that he has focused on his guitar making but still making rusticated pipes. His pipes are usually larger in size. For the money, he's a good buy vs Boswells, or similar.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Wow! That's great customer care. Super nice looking pipes too! I'll definitely check his site out!

Status
Not open for further replies.