PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Last week I asked about David Johnson's pipes. They were not well known here, so I took a chance and got one. Here it is:
100s-4527_zps18726428.jpg
101s-4530_zps98e90e81.jpg
This is an excellent pipe very reasonably priced. I was hesitant because of a possible bad taste from all the black stain. I did not detect a stain taste on this pipe which smoked well from the first. They are made in Texas, and it has a big handful of a Texas sized bowl. The inlay on the stem is mother of pearl. Fine pipemaker.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I really like that pipe. What size would you say the outside of that bowl is? I want to get a poker commissioned when funds allow it. It is going to be a big fat pipe.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
That looks really nice! I really like the shape! Where would I be able to find one of these?

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
Dave Johnson of Ozark Mountain Pipes no longer makes pipes due to lung problems. His pipes can still be found on ebay

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
What would I search under? I tried David Johnson pipes, Dave Johnson pipes, Ozark Mountain Pipes... nothing is coming up...

quaffer

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, David Johnson pipes were made in Missouri, not Texas. And, as far as I know, he is no longer making pipes. Below is a link to his Pipedia page. Since he is done carving, I don't think he keeps an active site.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Ozark_Mountain_Briars

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have a David Jones and it has the same pearl button on the side.

It looks dead on like a David jones and I bet it is...
P1010592.jpg

His website is davidjonespipes.com
Or just search David Jones on eBay

Aug 14, 2012
Guys: I am an idiot. It is David Jones, not David Johnson. He sells on Ebay. The pipe diameter in 1 7/8 ". Just search him on Ebay, he has a site but it doesn't have pipes for sale. They usually go for about $170, but I got lucky with this auction and paid much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.