PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Dave & Sue Wolff (and Missy too), owner of Walker Briar Works, retiring from stem making. He has sold the business to Pat Morgan, wife of Phil Morgan, General Manager of Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipes.
Dave is not retiring from work entirely. He plans to spend full-time on estate restoration. Last order from Dave is midnight, May 25th, EDT.
Pax

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I have never bought a Forever Stem, but I plan to do so at some point. Future Forever Stem production looks to be going to a good new home with the Morgans.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Dave's Forever stems are wonderful and I have been very happy doing business with Dave. Very happy to see the Forever stems will be closer to the MM business. Good for everyone and hopefully we will see more estates coming from Dave.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Love the Forever Stems and each and everyone of my MM cobs has one.

Other than that, the business going to Missouri Meerschaum sounds like an obvious and a perfect marriage to me.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
I have not used his forever stems but have had him do some restoration work. Fantastic guy dedicated to his work and extremely knowledgeable.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
Uggghhh! So sad I didn't see this until now. Just went to his site on the off chance I could still get in an order but it linked to the newsletter so no dice. I have one forever stem and had I known, I would have ordered a few backups. I am sure the lady who bought the business is nice and all, but I doubt you can just make something like this without some experience. The MM affiliation does little to assuage my apprehension as well. The whole point of the Forever Stem is to replace the stem MM didn't make correctly in the first place.
I hope my concerns are unfounded and there is no drop in quality. In any case I will be sure to take very good care of the one Forever Stem I currently own.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I'm curious if the Forever stems will be available on the MM website? That would sure be handy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.