PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I recently bought an 8oz bag of Esoterica Pembroke from my local B&M. I have a feeling it has been in the store for quite some time. Is there any way to date the bag? The only number it has on it is a small number on the label "332082".

May 31, 2012
Someone here probably knows when they made the change,

I'm thinking maybe a year and a half ago is when they changed to gold foil instead of the creamy tan color.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Is this lady aware she's known as "the bag of Pembroke"? :p

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
You may want to check local laws to make sure what your doing is legal. Sounds pretty kinky to me but who am I to judge.

Jul 15, 2011
I'd recommend buying a nice bottle of wine, maybe put on some soothing music. Always be a gentleman and don't rush things. It might be date #3 or #4 before things start to get really heated. PM me if you need some protection. :mrgreen:
I will be serious for a moment, however. If memory serves me correctly, I don't think that the actual numbers on the bag have anything to do with the manufacturing date, but I could be wrong on this one. I've never seen an 8 oz. bag of any Esoterica product up close, so I don't know anything about the gold vs. tan bag color. You could try contacting someone at the shop and try to get an idea as to how much product they move. For instance, my B&M stocks a good number of tins but the main product they move is their Stokkebye bulk, so I know if I buy a tin from there it sits for a while. If you're really lucky, the proprietor might be able to snag you a recent inventory report and if the bag doesn't show up from anytime in the last couple of months, it's a safe bet its been there for a while. Retailers usually are required to hang on to inventory reports for a set period of time and the proprietor might have that information for you. Beyond that, I am of no help whatsoever.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The code is a batch code so no way to really tell unless you have, or know someone, who has access to those codes. You could possibly contact Arango as they are the importer. They might be able to give you a rough idea of when it came into the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.