PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Some of you may recall a post I made about three months ago regarding a certain type of tobacco. That post has been removed, but it led me on a fantastic journey through Dark Fired Tobacco history and lore. Thanks to Cosmic and a few others for their insight and direction on the subject. I have learned a lot about the tobacco genre since then. With that in mind, here is a great video from the University of Kentucky Agriculture Department on the process. Thought I’d share. And for those who remember my original post, the last 10 seconds of commentary answer my original question.
https://youtu.be/f6e05gUKWDE

dDa5Kuj.png

https://youtu.be/f6e05gUKWDE

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Great video, Neal! I grew up in Dark Fired country, just over the border in Tennessee, and trust me when I say there's no better smell in the world than barns full of tobacco being fired in the fall.
As some of you know, I'm a graduate student at UK, and here's a picture of a very ironic sign posted all over at a school which maintains a tobacco research lab:

img_4536-449x600.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Now,after watching this I understand why production of Dark Fired tobaccoes is labor and cost intensive procedure,due to this fact,I wouldn't be surprised,if growers were forced to ask higher prices for these types of tobaccoes.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Somehow I came across the shorter version of the video few days ago, then it took me to this longer version. It is very informative and entertaining to watch. I was going to share it here but browsed the Youtube channel for more tobacco videos and forgot to share. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.