Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Orlik Dark Fired Kentucky. Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired and Bold Kentucky. Just to name a few. HU has a number of good blends with DFK in them.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
For just straight Dark Fired Kentucky, Gawith Hoggarth & Co Kendal Kentucky.

All African grown leaf from Kentucky seed.

I keep it around to spike just about anything.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
McConnell's Scottish Cake, Rattray's Hal o' the Wynd, Rattray's Old Gowrie, Bell's Three Nuns (Mac Baren). These all have Dark Fired as condiment.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
I've tried a number of the above, and MacB HH ODF is my favorite. It's like smoking a seared fillet mignon.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Some great suggestions, but another new blend that has kentucky as a condiment lending a slightly spicy nuance is Mac Baren's HH Burley Flake. I love to take a VA flake and add one flake of HH Bold Kentucky; this renders a delicious bowl and the BK adds a smooth depth to the smoke.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I second Jack Knife Plug. I have been smoking that weekly for awhile and it gets better and better every day. I just pulled the trigger and bought 5lbs to cellar. Great stuff!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Old Dark Fired, JackKnife Plug, and I think GLP Navigator is an amazing sleeper blend. Virginia/Dark Fired with a very light (barely noticeable) rum topping.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Thanks guys.Ive got a box of off I just put in jars I actually meant to order bold Kentucky.The only other 2 I have tried were Kendal Kentucky and Jack knife plug while I do have some kk in jars I tried Jack knife about 11months ago I will revisit.I now don't have to go thru all the research you all know about when looking for a blend.Ithank you again as I know what I will be smoking the rest of the summer.Also what does He stand for?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Russ O.'s Fire Storm, a Va/Per with dark-fired, is one of the best uses of dark-fired as a condiment that I know of. Gives the whole flavor a deeper range and resonance.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Thank you you guys for taking time to name some good blends with dfk.With this information you've also given me time that's not spent looking for this blends.This time will be spent in my gardens.I give the majority of what God provides thru the gardens to families having trouble making ends meet.You never know who your helping by just giving s little kind advice to a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.