PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
So today I bought some Dan's tobacco buddies tobacco, its suppose to have a orange and vanilla flavor. Has anyone tried it before?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dan does make a lot of wonderful blends but they also have the distinction, IMO, of making the worst blend I ever smoked. Non Plus Ultra in undoubtedly the worst thing I ever put in a pipe. So, this is a PSA to the community here.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I think it’s the best orange on the market. The profile is more akin to orange zest than actual orange. I have two tins cellared. Smoke it slow and easy as it can nip the tongue if pressed to hard.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I give Dan Tobacco high marks, though I prefer Rattray's Exotic Orange. You will likely be happy with your purchase. Dan does make some great aros.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Have not had Buddies but Blue Note is one of the first good aromatics I've ever tried and I still smoke it to this day. They do make wonderful aro and non aromatics alike. I've been meaning to try some more of their flakes but then again, I need to quite trying new blends (gotta keep stocking up on the ones I already know I love). I have a couple tins of Limerick in my cellar and I've heard great things about that one.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Dan tobacco is awesome. Limerick is great, Devils Holiday is great, Hamborger Veermeister is great. So many good blends.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Dan Tobacco Buddies sounds like it’s something I’d really enjoy so I did a quick search to try to find it online. Ouch! For that price point, an old cheapskate like me will have to stick to Rattray’s Exotic Orange for an orange-flavored blend for now even though the Exotic Orange wasn’t all that cheap either.

Status
Not open for further replies.