PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have only been enjoying pipes for 1 month now and with a GREAT local B&M (pipesandcigars.com is their Web shop)is it any wonder my collection is already....
img_0211_2-150x107.jpg

...and I have a custom from Unclearthur coming soon!!

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I have to stop myself from driving to the nearest B&M every day after work. Sadly, it's out of the way, and I carpool. That said, one day the temptation will be to great, and they will have to deal with it.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
All the local B&Ms are disappointing up around my neck of the woods. After years of trying to support "local" - I just gave up. Now I am discovering new pipes and tobaccos online - which has rejuvinated my enthusiasm for our hobby immensely.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
You are very lucky rickpal14. The B&M's in N.KY are more cigarette and cigar shops.
Just curious, how do the tobacco prices compare to buying online inter-state where taxes aren't a factor? I'd love to have a place with a reputable selection of pipes to physically check out before buying, but tobacco taxes plus in store mark up seem like they could be a drawback.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
New York tobacco taxes are crazy.... something like $6 per $10 ordered i believe. willing to deal with it due to the expertise, helpfulness and friendliness of the guys (and gal!) at Habana....
Haven't purchased online yet so can't really help there.....

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm in the sticks and the only true shop is about 100 miles away. But I do stop at shops when I'm traveling for work and share your pain/enjoyment of a good B&M.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My B&M is 10 minutes away which makes it real easy to get to 3-5 days a week. Dangerous? Heck yeah! That's why I love it. At 59 years old its as much "living on the edge" as I can handle.

madshark

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
I have been fortunate to find two B&Ms near my home in NW Houston. One in Katy (Absolute Tobacco) has a great selection of tobaccos with a limited pipe selection. Jerry (one of the partners) is knowledgeable and helpful.
The other store is Lone Star Tobacco off the Tomball Parkway at Louetta Rd. The tobacco selection is not so great but they have a bunch of pipes and reasonable prices.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
Warning PAD alert unclearther pipes are habbit forming, they smoke so well that one is not enough. which is why im waiting for my second one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I drive past the exit in PA for Boswell's with some frequency. So in a few weeks I have two pipes and many tobacco blends....Sure beats ordering blind online.

Status
Not open for further replies.