PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I work for a High Tech company and we've gone through a few tough quarters world wide plus the overal market that we serve is shrinking. So the company reorg'd into 2 business lines and when the music stopped, I didn't have a chair. I feel this was the right business decision for the company. I ran sales for North America, Canada and Latan America. It probably a blessing in disguise. So it's on to the next adventure! So a little prayer for Zo if you think about it and I'd appreciate it! Cheers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
zonomo, sounds like you have it in perspective so far. Steady as she goes. These big market and economic shifts feel so personal,

it sometimes feels more comfortable to blame yourself, because at least you can do something about that. I've gotten caught on the

wrong side of history several times in my life, so that it affected my ability to start a career at all, or to choose what kind of work to

do. On the upside, as near as I can tell, you have the skill set to make it in the future economy. I'm so far from tech, more in the

quill pen and parchment era. Hang in there, guy;

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Man that sucks... I hope that You can find another job soon, and that your new job will be better than the one that You had. Wishing You the Best.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Yes, that truly is a bad situation, my friend. Good luck on your search for a new position.

Jul 12, 2011
Wishing you all the best brother. I'm also in high tech industry and

it does seem the norm these days...bean counters up to no good

again :) all about the bottom-line..being on a crazy rollercoaster

ride now since 2001, take it from me/hold on and just enjoy the ride..

with a grin and a smoking pipe in jaw ;-)

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry to hear that man will definatly say a prayer for you and your family. Keep positive you have lot of friends here!

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I empathize with you as I have been there. IT Analyst in the newspaper industry. That is a industry really trying to find a new direction.
Good luck, keep your head high.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
There's a lot of that going around lately. Didn't you just buy a new luxury car?
I sure did. Also, I am getting married on May 10th. :) So lots of changes in store for me. The way I look at this, I am thankful to have some marketable skills and a pretty rich resume (IBM, Silicon Graphics, Microsoft, etc). I know a lot of people recieved much worse news on Friday than just losing a job (medical issues, financial issues, family issues, life & death). So my head is up, I am thankful for my time at this company and am excited to see what's next. For now, my job is to find a job. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. Although I don't know you personally (except for Phillip), I am thankful for this community.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Lost my job in manufacturing 5 years ago, the company closed up after being forced out by banks. Sounds like you've got the right attitude! "Keep calm and Carry on"

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
With that attitude, you are sure to come out on top of the situation...keep on keeping on.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I admire your thinking, and your reasonable understanding that some business decisions affect us negatively.

Best of luck in your marriage and job search, but when such a good perspective is in place, luck usually isn't necessary. Impressive indeed.

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry Zo: that is the trouble with jobs. Everything is going great until someone rewrites the program. I lost several my self until I gave up on jobs and started my own business.

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
zonomo, sorry to hear about you losing your job. Hope you find something soon.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and best wishes for many years of happiness.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Sorry for your loss. I don't think I would be as upbeat as you, so good for you. Hoping that you find another job or go where He wants you to go. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It's good that you'll have a partner to weather the storm with you.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Sorry for your loss. I don't think I would be as upbeat as you, so good for you. Hoping that you find another job or go where He wants you to go. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It's good that you'll have a partner to weather the storm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.