Dang This Stuff is Good.

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by nsfisher
  • Latest reply from jbbaldwin
  1. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been smoking mostly CH, Walnut, Half & Half, etc. for a couple of Months now. Tonight I was craving something a bit different so I mixed some CH and Penzance 50/50, in a 4-5 inch, older Comoy. I think I am not going to browse the rest of the Forum for a half hour or so, I think I will just sit back and smoke my mixture with a cup of instant Nescafe.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I'm not a Penzance fan, so I am quite sure 50/50 with CH would improve it

"Carter Hall is an American classic. It is like Ketchup -- an American condiment that goes with everything!"

Enjoy

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

Interesting blend..... There has been much praise for CH on here recently. It is making me want to revisit what I once upon a time considered a rather mundane tobacco. I'm convinced I must be missing something that I failed to pick up on my former juvenile palette. I'll have to be honest; I smoked CH a couple of years back and was overwhelmingly underwhelmed. I am convinced though, especially if you are mixing it with Penzance, that my naivete got the best of me. I am resolved therefore to scour drug stores up and down the East Coast when the sun rises to score me a pouch. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like my Nutty Walcut a lot. Interesting combination, I will have to give it a try fisher.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'm not a Penzance fan, so I am quite sure 50/50 with CH would improve it

Me either, though I'm not a carter hall fan either...still, I doubt you could make either of them worse by combining them, and might just turn out better

Someday I'm going to stop smoking anything but OTC aromatics for a couple of months and see if I can develop a liking for them....but I plan on putting that day off as long as I can and still feel I'm being honorable

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Someday I'm going to stop smoking anything but OTC aromatics for a couple of months and see if I can develop a liking for them.

TBH, in a pinch, I can smoke Captain Black, but I'm not a huge fan of any OTC aromatics. Now I like a good aro now and then, but all the OTCs aromatics sort of coat the inside of my mouth with slime LOL; I figure it's the humectants (PG and other additives) that cause this.

I'm thinking most of the non-aromatic OTCs have some of this too, but not nearly as much and a few have very little.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

Im a fan of both so Ill have to mix some up and see if my palet agrees.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

TBH, in a pinch, I can smoke Captain Black, but I'm not a huge fan of any OTC aromatics. Now I like a good aro now and then, but all the OTCs aromatics sort of coat the inside of my mouth with slime LOL; I figure it's the humectants (PG and other additives) that cause this.

I'm thinking most of the non-aromatic OTCs have some of this too, but not nearly as much and a few have very little.

That's my experience with OTC aromatics also.But then even a lot of the non OTC--Sutliffe,Altadis etc to me are just as bad when it come to PG. I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.
    I started out on OTC aro's and liked them. Used to smoke a lot of Smokers Pride and CBW etc., but they seemed to just get heavier and heavier with the PG so I switched to PS aros for a while. Now I don't smoke aros period.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.

Me, too! I can't abide the humectified.

But I love the soapy aroma of Nightcap and the soapy (to me) aftertaste of Penzance.

Good soap/bad soap?

- Write if you get work.

- Hang by your thumbs.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. aristokles

aristokles

Login to Send PM

You guys might need to switch toothpaste or mouthwash brands. I get no "soap" from any of these. (wink)

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's funny - I never thought "soap" until my wife mentioned it and now I can't get it out of my head.

My parents tell me that as a baby, I would eat soap in the bathtub if they didn't keep an eye on me. Of course, I have no memory of this.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jah76, jfox520, homeguard95, durham270, mso489, trailboss, woodsroad, phonomet, ae1pt, ctron, johnscs, coalsmoke, bubblehead33, jguss, seanavan, jthall, andystewart, layinpipe, cinosam, leacha, rwramsey, captainsousie, pruss, adam2, ghost, fearsclave