PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have been smoking mostly CH, Walnut, Half & Half, etc. for a couple of Months now. Tonight I was craving something a bit different so I mixed some CH and Penzance 50/50, in a 4-5 inch, older Comoy. I think I am not going to browse the rest of the Forum for a half hour or so, I think I will just sit back and smoke my mixture with a cup of instant Nescafe.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Interesting blend..... There has been much praise for CH on here recently. It is making me want to revisit what I once upon a time considered a rather mundane tobacco. I'm convinced I must be missing something that I failed to pick up on my former juvenile palette. I'll have to be honest; I smoked CH a couple of years back and was overwhelmingly underwhelmed. I am convinced though, especially if you are mixing it with Penzance, that my naivete got the best of me. I am resolved therefore to scour drug stores up and down the East Coast when the sun rises to score me a pouch. Thanks for the inspiration!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I like my Nutty Walcut a lot. Interesting combination, I will have to give it a try fisher.

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
Im a fan of both so Ill have to mix some up and see if my palet agrees.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
TBH, in a pinch, I can smoke Captain Black, but I'm not a huge fan of any OTC aromatics. Now I like a good aro now and then, but all the OTCs aromatics sort of coat the inside of my mouth with slime LOL; I figure it's the humectants (PG and other additives) that cause this.
I'm thinking most of the non-aromatic OTCs have some of this too, but not nearly as much and a few have very little.

That's my experience with OTC aromatics also.But then even a lot of the non OTC--Sutliffe,Altadis etc to me are just as bad when it come to PG. I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.

I started out on OTC aro's and liked them. Used to smoke a lot of Smokers Pride and CBW etc., but they seemed to just get heavier and heavier with the PG so I switched to PS aros for a while. Now I don't smoke aros period.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.
Me, too! I can't abide the humectified.
But I love the soapy aroma of Nightcap and the soapy (to me) aftertaste of Penzance.
Good soap/bad soap?

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
You guys might need to switch toothpaste or mouthwash brands. I get no "soap" from any of these. (wink)

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
That's funny - I never thought "soap" until my wife mentioned it and now I can't get it out of my head.
My parents tell me that as a baby, I would eat soap in the bathtub if they didn't keep an eye on me. Of course, I have no memory of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.