Dang This Stuff is Good.

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by nsfisher
  • Latest reply from jbbaldwin
  1. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been smoking mostly CH, Walnut, Half & Half, etc. for a couple of Months now. Tonight I was craving something a bit different so I mixed some CH and Penzance 50/50, in a 4-5 inch, older Comoy. I think I am not going to browse the rest of the Forum for a half hour or so, I think I will just sit back and smoke my mixture with a cup of instant Nescafe.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I'm not a Penzance fan, so I am quite sure 50/50 with CH would improve it

"Carter Hall is an American classic. It is like Ketchup -- an American condiment that goes with everything!"

Enjoy

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

Interesting blend..... There has been much praise for CH on here recently. It is making me want to revisit what I once upon a time considered a rather mundane tobacco. I'm convinced I must be missing something that I failed to pick up on my former juvenile palette. I'll have to be honest; I smoked CH a couple of years back and was overwhelmingly underwhelmed. I am convinced though, especially if you are mixing it with Penzance, that my naivete got the best of me. I am resolved therefore to scour drug stores up and down the East Coast when the sun rises to score me a pouch. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like my Nutty Walcut a lot. Interesting combination, I will have to give it a try fisher.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'm not a Penzance fan, so I am quite sure 50/50 with CH would improve it

Me either, though I'm not a carter hall fan either...still, I doubt you could make either of them worse by combining them, and might just turn out better

Someday I'm going to stop smoking anything but OTC aromatics for a couple of months and see if I can develop a liking for them....but I plan on putting that day off as long as I can and still feel I'm being honorable

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Someday I'm going to stop smoking anything but OTC aromatics for a couple of months and see if I can develop a liking for them.

TBH, in a pinch, I can smoke Captain Black, but I'm not a huge fan of any OTC aromatics. Now I like a good aro now and then, but all the OTCs aromatics sort of coat the inside of my mouth with slime LOL; I figure it's the humectants (PG and other additives) that cause this.

I'm thinking most of the non-aromatic OTCs have some of this too, but not nearly as much and a few have very little.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

Im a fan of both so Ill have to mix some up and see if my palet agrees.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

TBH, in a pinch, I can smoke Captain Black, but I'm not a huge fan of any OTC aromatics. Now I like a good aro now and then, but all the OTCs aromatics sort of coat the inside of my mouth with slime LOL; I figure it's the humectants (PG and other additives) that cause this.

I'm thinking most of the non-aromatic OTCs have some of this too, but not nearly as much and a few have very little.

That's my experience with OTC aromatics also.But then even a lot of the non OTC--Sutliffe,Altadis etc to me are just as bad when it come to PG. I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.
    I started out on OTC aro's and liked them. Used to smoke a lot of Smokers Pride and CBW etc., but they seemed to just get heavier and heavier with the PG so I switched to PS aros for a while. Now I don't smoke aros period.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hate that slimy soapiness they cause in my mouth.

Me, too! I can't abide the humectified.

But I love the soapy aroma of Nightcap and the soapy (to me) aftertaste of Penzance.

Good soap/bad soap?

- Write if you get work.

- Hang by your thumbs.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. aristokles

aristokles

Login to Send PM

You guys might need to switch toothpaste or mouthwash brands. I get no "soap" from any of these. (wink)

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's funny - I never thought "soap" until my wife mentioned it and now I can't get it out of my head.

My parents tell me that as a baby, I would eat soap in the bathtub if they didn't keep an eye on me. Of course, I have no memory of this.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bigvan, samcoffeeman, wilson, coalsmoke, tarak, tbradsim1, retrogasm, flakyjakey, newbroom, condorlover1