PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Well, I spent all of my money on an antique pipe collection, got most of my money back, then promptly took all of that money and bought more pipes....

Not just any pipes though. These are super-duper pipes. Super duper Deluxe even.

Two S Bangs, a Jody Davis Bishop, a Medici, a W.O. Larsen and an Iwan Ries Meer.... When will the madness stop?
S Bang

CIMG8612.jpg

CIMG8552.jpg

Jody Davis

CIMG8503.jpg

W.O. Larsen

CIMG8497.jpg

Medici

CIMG8539.jpg

Bjarne Nielsen

CIMG8509.jpg

Iwan Ries

CIMG8564.jpg

Question for the high end pipe collectors, these are all pretty well smoked pipes, how does that effect the value ? Worth half as much as new ? Less than half ?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Bubba if you knew what I paid for that damn thing......

The rest of the pipes were pretty good deals, but I paid a lot for the smooth Bang

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Love the look of that Larsen. I'm only green because of the Black XX in my pipe I swear.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks Arthur. What I really wanted to say was "oops I did it again" but I figured Roger Miller would be much more respectable.... :lol:

I'm hoping (praying?) that I can work it out like the antique deal. Put in the work to clean em up real spiffy, then hopefully keep one or two and get my money back.

Ahhhh, the waiting game (again).

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks Jim ! I bought these as something of an investment. I figure if I have X amount of money, and I can turn it into X+1 then I'm ahead of the game. If I can turn into X+1+a free pipe, even better. Still it scares me just a bit to think about a $2,500 pipe with my name on it, even if it is a bit banged up. And thats not counting the other 6 ! I just hope I bought them cheap enough to make my money back. I think the high end market is slow right now but then I've never been in the high end market so what do I know ?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Got these pipes Friday, and I smoked the S Bang after just a bit of cleaning.

I may have to change my mind about selling them. After two bowls, I am thinking I might sell every other pipe I own and just smoke the Bang 8O I'm not a pipe snob by any means, but DAMN that was a great smoke. Very slow, dry, even, with no relights. But the engineering of the pipe, just sort of feels like an extension of your body when its in your teeth, the smoke port that God decided we didnt deserve. I could smoke this one pipe all day long every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.