Tags:  No tags yet. 

Dan tobaccy

(14 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by terrygoldman123
  • Latest reply from mcitinner1
  1. terrygoldman123

terrygoldman123

Login to Send PM

Comes in tins from Germany. Got some Honeydew Vanilla today and enjoyed the smoke. What's your take on this brand?

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. dcrguns

dcrguns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love Old Ironsides. Very good quality tobacco. Their stuff is smoked by a lot of folks on this forum.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. apiperisdown

apiperisdown

Login to Send PM

I'm a Blue Note fan. It's the only aromatic I enjoy regularly and I try never to be without it.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. pipefish

pipefish

Login to Send PM

I do like Blue Note although I have to be in the mood; it's becoming one of my "go to" aros although I really want to try Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream.

I cracked a tin of Devil's Holiday about six weeks ago. I was hoping to like this blend but the berry topping was overwhelming and didn't make for an enjoyable smoke. I jarred the rest of the tin and I'm hoping that aging it a bit might mellow out the flavor--I'll give it another go in a few months.

I have tins of SVH and Midnight Ride still yet to be popped. I purchased Midnight Ride based on its high ratings on some "other tobacco website" but as I'm still breaking into Englishes I plan to wait a bit before trying it. Looking forward to it.

I really want to try Hamborger Veermaster since I'm really digging VAs as of late, but alas Dan tobacco is not available in Switzerland (why a German tobacco is NOT here I'll never know--chalk it up to another weird thing about Switzerland, which, by the way, deserves its own post if people are interested).

FWIW I'm only a few hours by car away from their factory in Lauenberg and would love to make a trip up there some weekend to tour the town and their shop/factory. Here is a very interesting website about the history of Dan Pipe with photos of their factory, shop and the town--looks lovely.

http://www.danpipe.com/whoisDP%2B.html

Dan also has fantastic tin art--second only to maybe C&D. Friebourg and Treyer, please take note.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. buzkirk

buzkirk

Login to Send PM

Really like the Dan, SVH. it's my daily or go-to smoke.
    Like most of their offerings in aero's, Da Vinci, Blue Note, Devils Holiday, Milonga
    I smoke 3 tins of Dan Tobac, to every 1 of other blends.

Tom

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. pipefish

pipefish

Login to Send PM

Dan also has fantastic tin art--second only to maybe C&D. Friebourg and Treyer, please take note.

Correction--I meant Gawith and Hoggarth, please take note. Those green tins do nothing for me, although I'm sure there's some good tobacco inside.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. troutface

troutface

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Recently cracked a tin of The Mellow Mallard and although I've only had one bowl I was very impressed. Not sure why it doesn't get more attention. Love Old Ironsides for a Lat fix and also enjoying Veermaster more and more as it ages. Looking forward to a tin of Patriot Flake that's still getting some age on it. They make some very nice blends.

"Each of you be a light unto yourself; betake yourself to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone beside yourself." -The Buddha
    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. kanada

kanada

Login to Send PM

Just got a tin of devil's holiday and I agree that the berry topping is quite strong, but I don't mind it. I only keep one aromatic around at a time and I'll keep smoking it over the next few months. I also like Midnight Ride, one of the first tobaccos I tried and wish it wasn't sold out at the places I've looked recently.

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

natenice1

Login to Send PM

An aro fan here, just started trying some new blends other than my normal rotation. Blue Note is a nice quality aro and is defiantly a blend that can be smoked daily as for Devils Holiday I equate it to either Vicks Cherry Ny-Quil or Robitussin DM.

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. curl

curl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke aromatics in public.
    (I smoke what I like at home
    Right now I have Blue Note in my walking around tobacco pouch.

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. apiperisdown

apiperisdown

Login to Send PM

Right now I have Blue Note in my walking around tobacco pouch.

..add some Tennessee Whisky to your walking around hip flask Curl. They mate really well.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. curl

curl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have an unopened tin of DaVinci I bought in May.
    People on tobaccoreviews.com give mostly favorable reviews but there are a lot of people there who don't like.
    I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying it.

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. apiperisdown

apiperisdown

Login to Send PM

Just ordered a couple of their Latakia blends, Gordon Pym and Bill Bailey’s Balkan Blend. Although, with the mentions here of my Blue Note I seriously considered ordering more of it in bulk.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For me it's BBBB, my best favorite, and one nobody else mentioned, London Blend 1000.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cshubhra, oldgeezersmoker, pitchfork, ashdigger, spartan99, 3rdguy, marc75, smudgersmissingleg, rodo, yohanan, jguss