Dan Tobacco's Old Ironsides....smoke it?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
It's a very nice blend. Different preparations will yield slightly different sides of the flavor. It's more leather and salt than cedar and old books.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
It is the Messin' with Sasquatch Beef Jerky of latakia flakes, IMO. I love it. Oily, inky black flakes of latakia overload. Very cool smoking. Never bites.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I have tin opened - and just had a bowl the other night - smokes cool - lots of punch and spice. Not as complex as some English blends - but it is a tasty smoke and worth plunking down $ for a tin.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
I haven't smoked it yet but it should be a great blend since all blends of this series I've smoked so far are very good. Give it a try! Interesting to get to know that some Americans are as much fond of some German baccies as we are of the American gems :)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm still working on a tin I've had for several years. If you're a latakia fan then you'll really like OI. I think its one of the better ones.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I've smoked this blend for years. It's agreat latakia-laden smoke. If you are a new smoker, take it slowly, on a full stomach.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
With all the Pezance hoarding going on these days . I picked up two ounces at a local shop and gave it a whirl . A nice stout well rounded English latika bomb .

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I've smoked Old Ironsides and if you want a heavy Latakia blend, you can't do much better than it.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.