PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Just making a tobacco order and noticed the price for a tin of this is over $14. Wow, I ordered about 5 tins a couple years ago and it was under $8 a tin. I wonder why the price jumped up almost double? Great tobacco, but damn what an increase

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I can feel your pain jon. I use several 'Dan tobacco' blends, Bill Bailey's being my favorite. Check out P&C if you haven't. Their prices on some blends go down a lot if you buy enough. I wanted to, (had to) try DT London Blend 1000 and it was $26 for one 100g tin, but $56 for three so I went for three and I really like it. Later
I just checked, if you buy three the price go down to $9, BUT they're out of stock, sorry.
tinner

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
It's an excellent Virginia flake. I'd put this and H. Veermaster up against the best out there. They claim there is a "whisper" of Perique in it, but I can't taste it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Tordenskjold is top shelf stuff, in my book. It isn't a sharp, grassy Va. flake, nor is it particularly pungent or zesty.

Rather, it has a sweet, wine-like flavor that I’m guessing is predominantly red Va. – though there is almost certainly

brighter varieties present for highlights and a hint of tang. The Perique content is not high, and I get the impression that

it merely serves to reduce the piquancy of the Va. This is a Virginia showpiece. Unfortunately they charge up the wazoo for

it too! It's always been among the more expensive flakes around.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Absolutely agree Cake...although it is excellent stuff, for my money I'm stocking up on Mclleland Virginia's.....the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.