Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, I've had several more bowls since saying I would take it easy on this blend. I have yet to smoke a bowl to ash but the dottle has shrunk to a small bit. I think I may dedicate my little bulldog to the blend as it fits a single flake z folded perfectly. I can still feel the nic but I haven't had a repeat of the green gills. A full stomach and a piece of chocolate standing by have helped. I might as well just order a stinking pound of it. Soon I'll be smoking 20 bowls of OJK a day while selling off my kids inheritance to afford my baccy habit. Thanks a lot.... :wink: I kid but what a great smoke this stuff is. Tonight I cracked a Bräuler of my local brewery's Oktoberfest and filled my 1 liter Stein, ate a steak and settled into a bowl in my open garage door while watching it rain. Life is good.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Plus, buying a pound is cheap compared to some of the other bulks out there. You should get a pound and jar it up in multiple containers. It gets much better with age and you can sample as time goes by. I'm up to eleven pounds in bulk so far. I fear this is not enough. Anyway, a quart mason jar will hold a pound quite nicely, with the flakes standing upright.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations daimyo - I think ODF is a great blend and have to ration my smoking of it. I confess I didn't realise you could get it in bulk, so that goes on the next order. Thanks me English for the multiple container idea. So simple yet - for me - so elusive!
Andy

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The only drawback to the ready rubbed over the flake is it burns faster in my opinion. Still, at less than $42 a pound you can't beat it and it will last awhile. I prefer the flake but there is nothing wrong with the ready rubbed. Opening a pound of the nicely cut flake is a sight to behold though, it's almost as intriguing as the grain on a pipe.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Right on, Sparks. Plus its only going to get better with age on it.
I guess one reason why I prefer the flake over the ready rubbed is you can control how you want it. Sometimes I rub it into a super fine shag, others cube cut it or do the z fold. The possibilities are endless!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I smoke ODF just about every single day and the 1 pounder i got when p&c had their 20% off sale is quickly and surely diminishing! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.