PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
So a few months ago I got back into pipe smoking and I have gather a lover collection of Briars and Meers. Different sizes, shapes, stems and I was happy..... Or so I thought!! I bought a cob, just cause how do you have a collection of pipes without a cob right?!? I didn't want to enjoy it so much, I didn't want to like how perfect the weight was for clenching. I didn't want to enjoy how cool it smokes, never ghosts, and makes you unafraid to throw in a pocket and abuse it for a day. Well damn it I did!! Putting in an order today for 2 more cobs and a couple of forever stems!!! Oh Woe is me!!!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I was hesitant at first, I bought a pony and then a Legend. Now I have a beautifully finished General. They smoke great.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Just ordered 2 diplomats, some 1Q and Bald Headed Teacher from 4noggins as well as 2 forever stems from Walker Briar. Now the wait begins!!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'm looking forward to trying the forever stems cause I chewed the hell out of my last MM stem. I'm a clencher and they are just to soft to survive. I ordered a 2 3/4" bent and a nosewarmer stem so I should be covered.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
While I don't like the look of cobs, and therefore don't smoke them much, they have their purpose for me. Last weekend, I was shoveling shit all Saturday to fertilize my brothers lawn. The cob came in very handy, and I probably got a little manure into the pipe, but if I did, it got smoked!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I don't think anyone prefers the looks of cobs over briars. They kind of give you a hayseed look when smoking them. But cobs sure do smoke great!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
While I don't like the look of cobs, and therefore don't smoke them much
I had the same thoughts about the looks of mine, but looking at what Riccardo Santia has been doing with cobs I am getting turned. His cobs are incredible and some don't even look like a cob at all. For the price I can play with a few and see how they turn out. I already have all the materials from redoing rifle stocks on old milsurp rifles. Besides.... as avid pipe smokes are we not also supposed to be visionaries, explores, and philosophers? Why not add "customizers-of-cobs" to the description? lol

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Here in the south, many think briar is a patch where the rabbits hide. Yes, I do like to smoke a corn cob pipe from time to time. Got a couple of MMs and an old Wally Frank cob. And as already mentioned, it goes well with corn bread, and corn squeezins.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
These are my work pipes and are just awesome for it! I keep them in my car, at the office in one of my desk drawers, and inside the work truck. I even keep a bag of seconds at work just in case something happens to the ones there. I can not preach enough how wonderful these things are. I have ruined a few good pipe at work, trying to smoke.
Cheers

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Love those cobs! I have a Danish Egg, Diplomat, Country Gentleman, and a Legend. I've given Legends to 2 friends who can't believe how they enjoy them. I wish I'd known about them sooner, but better late than never.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
Brother, I totally feel you. I just recently smoked out of my MM freehand and could not believe how good the macbaren virginia no 1 tasted out of it. It was like a small revelation. I then went and ordered a Country Gentleman, a Patriot and a new Emperor; aka the original MacArthur. With the proper care, they can last 20 or 40 years. I was like should I sell my briars and just go to cobs? Is that the "smart" thing to do? Still wrestling with that one and would never get rid of all my briars, but honestly, I'm seriously thinking of actually paring down some of my briars for the first time ever. This had never occurred to me before. The only thing I don't like about cobs is the hillbilly air about them, but I'm starting to get over that.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Try a Forever Stem from Walker Briar Works. The wife got me a nosewarmer MM, which is a modified Washington with a shorter shank and the Forever stem. Freaking awesome smoke. I definitely plan on getting a couple more.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
My first pipe was a Great Dane Egg from MM, I bought it as like a throw around pipe that I'd eventually work my way out of. I have since fallen in love with it and started babying it. I absolutely love it, and I picked up a Washington from MM aswell. They just smoke so nice and really are a great value for the money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.