PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy Gang,
I attended the inaugural Dallas Pipe Show this past Saturday at Tobacco Cabana (near DFW in Cedar Hill). There were about 75 people in attendance. It was a small show with just a few tables featuring pipes, but boy, were they nice pipes! The pipes were being sold by Texas pipe makers Ryan Alden, Bill Walther, Colin Rigsby and Bob Gilbert. I picked up a commissioned Walther pipe at the show and am smoking it as I type. I suspect his pipes will soon be out of my price range.
Colin Rigsby displayed a recently purchased and very handsome seven day set of Dunhill Group-4 Root Briar Pipes from 1961 and it sure was fun to see that beautiful set. The slow smoking contest had about 20 contestants. I got lucky and finished 3rd, winning a Smoking Holsters leather pipe sleeve. The winner got a beautiful brand new freehand sandblasted sort of Rhodesian shaped pipe by Rigsby.
Kudo's to Russ and Lonestar for helping to organize the show. I sure hope they have one again next year!
The show had a photographer, so hopefully, we'll see some pic's soon.
Pipestud

Reactions: 02Knight

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Nice recap ! Thanks for making the drive Steve. Having y'all up from Waco and Austin, and Neil Flancbaum down from New York made it even better ! I am hoping they will have us back again next year. I know the owner of the store said he had fun and would love to have us back.

I think the coolest part was just having an event like this to bring guys from 4 different clubs together. We don't have enough of a pipe culture in the metroplex, but I think events like this go a long way to getting people excited about gathering together for a smoke and some camaraderie.

If we do it again, I think we can grow it even bigger.

As usual, I forgot to snap a single picture !

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen and those who made the drive.
It is pretty likely we will be able to do this again. Time to start planning.
As for Pics. I have some. I'm waiting for the ones Chris took as he had the best camera. If I don't get them by tonight, I'll start by posting Steve's as his were really good. I am trying to wait and do them all at once.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Ok, I'm bad at posting pics. Let's try this.
Below: Bill Walther on right.
img_0010.jpg

Below: Bob Gilbert
img_0012.jpg

Below: Colin Rigsby on right.
img_0013.jpg

Below: Bill Walther's pipes
img_0014.jpg

Below: Colin Rigsby and the Dunhill 7 day set he brought to display.
img_0016.jpg

All of the above photos are courtesy Steve Fallon aka Pipestud.
All of the below photos are courtesy my ancient blackberry phone.
Below: Jim Klipp Owner of Tobacco Cabana on right.
pipe_e10.jpg

Below: Neil of Smokin' Holsters on left.
pipe_e11.jpg

pipe_e12.jpg

pipe_e13.jpg

I hope to have more pictures soon.

• Love

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Looks like you guys had a great time. Bill Walther makes a nice pipe. Very nice 7-Day that Colin had. Looks like Bob Gilbert has trimmed his beard a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.