PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sack

Lurker
Nov 28, 2016
Received my dagner corn cob pipe the other day. It certainly smokes like a champ. I would not buy it again though. I don't see why it should cost more. Overpriced? I'd have to say, yes. But its serving its purpose.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hmm, I own 10 Dagners which include 4 of their Cob Pokers. They ALL smoke great and I don't think their prices are too high. But, to each their own.
Btw, their customer service is second to none.

sack

Lurker
Nov 28, 2016
Sorry I was referring to the poker. My meds are making me loopy and sleepy. Good night.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Danger poker is a little expensive considering how small it is, but a few of us dropped $50 for the reverse calabash last year! 8O
img_20160830_014234-337x600.jpg

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I also thought the price was a bit high at first, but once I received it and smoked it a few times I think the price was worth it. Never judge a book by its cover, to coin a phrase.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
MM has to give a cut to the Dagners, so it seems to be on the outside edge of just an OK price to me. I'm sure I will get one with my next order. But the Mark Twain continues to rule as best pipe for the $$$

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I had a similar topic a while ago. I was wondering if the pipes were worth the price, regarding the briars. 100$ for a factory pipe. I really like some of their designs.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
AlexNorth, I think the Briar are good. They're predominantly smaller pipes, which is great for me because I clench them. They come in a pretty good variety of shapes and sizes.
I think they're a good value, but that's just me.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
That's right up my alley ashdigger, I like smaller sizes myself . The main thing, I guess, is that you could get a more recognized brand for that dollar. Maybe I'm being silly though since i admittedly like some of the shapes, enjoy Jayson and they're not super expensive. Might be getting myself one as a late Christmas present.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've looked at that Dagner cob, and the value beyond a MM cob is the acrylic stem. I chew through the MM cob plastic stems, and the cob part of the pipe can last for years and years, so having the acrylic is good. I have several MM cobs outfitted with Forever stems made of acrylic and they make for an even better smoke. I'm not a big fan of extra short pipes proportionately, so I haven't broken for the Dagner/MM cob, but I have a number of cobs (MM and Old Dominion) and both cob and briar pocket pipes.

pastorpiper

Lurker
Dec 16, 2016
To me, the price is fine as a cob pipe will last a long time and they smoke EXCELLENT! I'm just not crazy about stubby pipes. I like a longer shank. I love corn cob pipes for sure and believe the MM pipes I have now (Legends, Washington, Morgan, Marcus, Diplomat 5th Ave) are all worth 3-4 times the price they charge. Cobs are just that good!

aam79

Lurker
Nov 2, 2016
I don't think they are over priced considering how much better they are than the normal MM. I like MM, but the shank and stem are usually pretty rough and cheap feeling. The Dagner cob does not suffer from that.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I got my MM cobs all under $13 but $25 for a cob isn't any pricier that $300 for a Briar, i.e. Dunhill, when many other can be had for way less.

Status
Not open for further replies.