Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the Chief's review of the Dagner P7 Rhodedog, I made up my mind to get one. I am not a real fan of the Bulldog's diamond shank, but the P7's hybrid diamond and rounded shank with the copper ferrule really looked good. Overall, I found the design and dimensions of the pipe quite pleasing.
By the time I got to ordering one, the Dagner site listed both models of the P7 sold out, with only discounted, slightly blemished, stock remaining.
I sent an email through the site and was surprised to get a personal reply from Elaine within an hour. After several emails back and forth, I was confident that the" blemished" brown sandblasted I wanted would be quite acceptable, so ordered the be pipe.
Within an hour, I received a shipping notice. Two days later, the pipe, in a handsome Dagner drawstring bag, along with a drink coozy and a handful of Dagner pipe stickers and magnets, was at my door. The enclosed invoice included a hand written thank you note.
If the pipe is "blemished" , I can't find it. The  brown, sandblasted finish looks great. The drilling is straight and the tenon is smooth and tight. It's far from broken in, but the first two bowls of Black Frigate and Pirate Kake smoked well. I find this pipe to be on par with Savinellis and Petersons of the same price range. I can see this fast becoming one of my go to travel pipes.
As much as I like the pipe, what really impressed me was the customer service. Elaine took the time to answer my questions and follow through and handlng and shipping couldn't be faster.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I've experienced the same OUTSTANDING Customer Service on every order I've made with them. Even one as small as a bunch of Pipe cleaners.
I know some folks don't care much for their videos, I for one find em entertaining in an "American Pie, Stiffler" sorta way.
I've got one of their Corn Cob Pokers, great little smoker.
Will definitely be picking up one of their others after I pick up a pipe or two from some of the other makers in our community.
I hope to pick up a Larrysson Pipe here soon and probably a Mark Balkovec after that. The next pipe after those will be a Dagner, if for no other reason that the fact that they are fantastic to deal with.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's not quite the same item, but I appreciate Dagner's collaboration with Missouri Meerschaum to provide an acrylic stem nose-warmer poker with an ample bowl. I'd definitely look at a Dagner briar pipe if I were in the market for one of their shapes. I like the cob version very much.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Nice to hear of the great customer service. I have not looked at their site in a while. Some great looking pipes there.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Dagner pipes are something ... a group member gifted me with the nose warmer mso489 is talking about - they cannot be found where I live, and it's by far the best cob I own. Thank you to that special guy for the great pipe !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.