PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I see the Dagners have a new range of pipes in their website, do anyone here have any experience with their pipes or is it just good marketing on their side, for the price of one of theirs one can buy a savinelli, peterson or 4 Dr Grabow's
http://dagnerpipes.com/product-category/pipes/

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I've never held one of their pipes, but good marketing is what they do best. The pipes don't impress me much in pictures, but I don't care for pokers much from anyone.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
They've got something for everyone. I do think they are attempting to maintain quality control.

You can see all the positive reviews on youtube for the smoking qualities.

I think the Eltang collaboration is attractive and their new MM Cobs will make them wealthy.

hirsute

Lurker
Jun 10, 2015
I have a P2 (with the copper band, not the new rally P2), an "El Dagner" (the Eltang collaboration), and a couple of the cob pokers. Their briar pipes are good values and smoke well. They are Italian made and quality pipes that are QC checked by the Dagners. Nice open draws and smoke well. Same goes for the Eltang collaboration. The cob pokers are quite nice for the pricepoint and are a big improvement over the regular MM cobs (of which I own several). Biggest improvements IMHO are the acryllic stems and the placement of the shank is low in the bowl so you don't get the void you typically find in MM pipes.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Carbon fiber has a special place in my heart and looks great on their pipes ... thanks for the link! :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I've been eyeing these pipes, with their over the top machismo. I suspect I'll break down and get one; I need a poker anyway.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Dagner pipes are very nice, just as nice as one of the big name brands, but the thing that sets them apart is that they have personally inspected every pipe and hand box every pipe that goes out themselves. I have a couple of pipes they sent me to use in a future raffle that I am going to have. They were cosmetically flawed and thus un-sellable in their opinion. The flaws are so minuscule that I doubt any of the big names would have thought twice about selling them. That is the type of quality you can expect from a Dagner. And they are super down to earth to hang out with to!

Status
Not open for further replies.