PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Can someone tell me a good cyprain latakia to try? I liked Night cap by Dunhill but looking for something with more of the latakia taste. thanks

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My favorites:
Lane Medal of Valor

Sam Gawith Skiff Mixture

Smokers Haven Exotique Mixture/ Our Best Blend/ Cognac

Esoterica Margate

C&D Billy Budd/Star of the East Flake/Engine 99

SToP Bengal Slices

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peter Stokkebye Proper English is one that seems to be Lat rich, but I'm not a Lat-first guy; I'll be interested to see what others say. I know there are some Lat bombs out there.

Mar 29, 2016
C&D Pirate Kake, better yet, try pure Latakia it's not bad, a very full taste but not bad. It will tell your taste buds what they need to know.
SG Commonwealth mixture is also good at 50% Latakia.

Dan Tobacco Old Ironsides is another one and so is G.L.Pease Abingdon.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks for listing Lat-bomb blends. Now I know what not to try.
Not at all partial to Latakia rich blends, aroma, taste. You saved me a lot of questions.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
What to add that hasn't already been mentioned thrice? I guess G.L. Pease Gaslight and John Cotton's Latakia.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
2nd vote for ten russians. I smoke it quite a bit and prefer it to nightcap.
I also just tried Dan tobaccos Midnight Ride. It comes off as a smoother tastier and mqybe a bit more fruit lik than nightcap. And has a nice bit of ni otine in it too

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Savinelli's Giubileo D'oro hasn't been mentioned, so I'll mention it. Other than that, Commonwealth.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Ten Russians and Night Cap. Both different but fantastic. You will know where you stand (or what you can stand....or if you can stand at all) after these 2.
I wouldn't be concerned with the amount of Lat but rather the entire blend itself.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I see you have already enjoyed Night Cap. If you enjoyed it you shall enjoy most of the Lat blends....IMO.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake
This is a no fail Latakia forward blend. You may find the thick soggy flakes a bit hard to get burning just right, but with some airing time and a little patience you will be greatly rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.