PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
This may be old news to some, but I was just at my local CVS and they are closing out all of their pipes, pipe tobacco and cigars at 50% off. The clerk told me it would all be gone by October 1st.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm... Anything worth loading up on? Any good cigars? Don't remember seeing a humidor. :?

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
They had a couple of Grabows, a couple of MM cobs, lots of Borkum Riff and Captain Black and lots of smaller cigars and cheap regular sized cigars.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
I have already got 7 mm Washington cobs for less than 25 bucks and am about to hit up the last three cvs in my area and get all there cobs and an extra dr grabow

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Might want to try and be patient. When Thrifty's closed all their alcohol and tobacco went on sale for 50%. Each week they dropped about 10%. The last week on a whim I bought some cobs and Grabows and CB pouches for pennies on the dollar. That was almost 10 years ago, the beginning of the end for me.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Gray bow (and arrow). Being a solo smoker I too am unsure of some of the pronunciations.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Listening to the PM radio shows opened my ears a little. I think gaw with and hoe garth. There should be a thread for this.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I have never in my life seen any pipes in a CVS, I must now go to one and discover if any of the local ones here have any left.
Also, I've only called it and heard it called 'Gray Bow'

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
CVS is a drug store chain in America. They decided to completely take all tobacco products of their shelves for "the health of Americans". I don't think that is an actual quote but it looked good in quotations.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
CVS is a fairly substantial drugstore chain in the U.S., Smorg.
They've recently decided to pull the plug on all tobacco sales.
Fnord

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
I wonder if Walgreens will follow suit. My Walgreens are the only ones that sell pipes. The CVS here only carry a couple of tobacco blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.