Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
Hey guys, Was searching the site, and noticed an article about customizing your own blend (insert link here).I dont know if there is a thread on this or not, but it got wondering about if anyone has their own blend of tobacco that they have came up with and would like to share the recipe. For example, I am a OTC tobacco addict, mainly because there are no real shops around me. So I have limited selection for my palate. But thanks to a online site (I forget the name) I found out that mixing Half and Half with Capt Black white, renders a great smoke, especially for a poor man like me who is easily bored and likes to mix it up some. So I have started mixing different things to see what else I can come up with. But thats the best so far... Nsfisher, (sorry for including you without your permission), helped me think of this with the drum and vanilla extract comment the other day. Ill share my recipe, and it is simply as follows: 4 PARTS HALF & HALF, 1 PART CAPT BLACK WHITE. If anyone would like to share theirs go ahead. If this is a topic somewhere else, Lets update it. Whatya think??

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Mv-1000, Kendal's Kentucky. 50/50

Been playing with left-overs and those two combined give me enough of a nicotine kick and is yet sweet enough to be a pleasant smoke. But I'm just starting to mess with this seriously. Before that, all I've done is have a jar of "left-over" which sometimes turns out great and sometimes.. well.. not so much :mrgreen:

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
Thats a good one. Ive just started my first left over jar, I am very curious haw it will turn out. Im measuring the ingredients and keeping note so ill know what to add next time if i like it! lol

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I'll offer, if you have three favorite blends, consider measuring ingredients in a ratio of 3 parts, two parts and one part, in the order of your favorites. And, I would recommend using a shot glass for measurement and doing it "loosely" to fill the shot glass. It is a start in the right direction and always make note of what you did! This is a good start at creating your own "Mixture". Good luck and don't trust your memory. Always write down your experiment. Good Luck!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm going to experiment with tinderbox bulks tonight. Using mature VA and Syrian Latakia. Probably start around 2 parts mature VA to 1 part Syrian and see how it is.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Half&Half is a great mixing base. Try adding two parts Half&Half and one part rubbed out Irish Flake - it gives it that extra "kick" it needs. I would also love to try to get my hands on some deer tongue and mix it with Half&Half since apparently this was a component in it in the old days.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
My favorite tobacco for a long time was a mix of Captain Black white and Sir Walter Raleigh regular, about a 3 to 1 blend. I still enoy it a lot and keep a pouch of it handy.
I really don't know what I'd say is my favorite smoke now. There are so many that I really like, and it would be tough to pick a single favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.