PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Was recently approached by a friend about finding a pipe for their better half, and after looking around, then casually mentioning the subject around the lady herself, it was discovered that she smoked corn cobs some years back. Being on friendly terms with a number of pipe makers, I suggested that we could get her a cob with a custom stem and tamper made for it. After showing my friend some pics of a few pipe makers work, our own resident carver, Adam Sheehan, was the top choice for the task. All I can say is that Adam knocked it out of the park, and my friend's wife will be a happy lady when she opens this beauty up on Christmas morning!
img_20161013_005439-337x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Hope I didn't just put a bullseye on his back for people looking for forever stems! 8O

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
As long as you don't mention this member's actual screen name I think the requests for forever stems will be minimal. At least. . . I'm hoping LOL.
This one was fun! She should enjoy it. That tamper was made with the shell of the first .45 cal I ever shot, it was a 1911.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Wow, beautiful work with a little personal history behind it. I'm so blown away by how well it turned out, she may not get it! :mrgreen:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Now we're looking for a pink or purple pipe sock, and it will be perfect!
I believe I have some white leather . . . and I definitely have pink leather dye. Although I've never actually used it on leather. I could check with my pops, try to dye some leather of his, then he could make it into a bag. PM me if you'd like me to try it out.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
There is something about the title of this thread that I find strangely arousing... and I can't seem to shake it.(so to speak)

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
lucky lady! You might as well have filled the cob with Penzance. That's almost as difficult as getting one of those stems... I've been waiting, and searching...lucky lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.