Customer Service? You're Doing It Right.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Regarding a recent experience with pipesandcigars.com.
I ordered a couple tins of pipe tobacco, (Cao Eileens Dream, and Dunhill Nightcap), as well as a couple cigars and a humidor to get my other hobby started, since I go through pipe tobacco on days that I have nothing to do. But the humidor I ordered and the Nightcap were both on backorder. So I waited 2 weeks before becoming impatient and asking if they had an ETA (they didn't) for the items on backorder. They went ahead and shipped my Eileens Dream along with a few cigars I ordered, but I didn't want them sitting around without a humidor. Sean L with p&c offered to swap the items on backorder out or cancel if I wanted: I decided to swap it out for a smaller and less expensive humidor, as well as the Devil's Dozen cigar sampler, and wait on the Nightcap since they just had a special on Dunhill goodies, I knew they weren't going to be in anytime soon.
He confirmed it on Saturday, and the post office was closed on Sunday, so I had to wait till Monday to pick up my pipe tobacco, but to my surprise the items that I swapped for were waiting for me as well! It took the stuff that wasn't backordered about 4 days to arrive, but only 2 for the others. Oh, and shipping was free for both packages. I was expecting a nightmare when trying to swap items out, but it was quick and painless.
Extremely satisfied with P&C, as usual, and now with their customer service as well.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I love to hear that you are getting good customer service. I believe that P&C are finishing up a transition and it is not going as smoothly as they would like; however, it seems that they are doing everything they can to keep their customers happy. This give me the confidence I need to place my next order with them. Thanks for the good report.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad to hear it. My recent order went without a hitch too. Seems like P&C is really buttoning things up.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm pretty happy with my P&C order. Placed it on Monday and it's out for delivery today. Fantastic.
Plus now that they are in PA I don't have to pay 75% tax. WOOHOO. That's like the icing on the cake.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Just got in a pound of Scotty's Butternut Burley. Yeah, a few of my things are still backordered, but that's the one blend I really needed. It was painless to call and cancel out on the other stuff, and by the time I run out of Angler's Dream it'll be there.
It's been a hard road for them, good to see it coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.