Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Customer Service

(12 posts)
  1. dethmutt

dethmutt

Login to Send PM

I bought a tin of Sam Gawith 2015 along with the rest of my order... I did not know that it was a display tin, and not sealed. When it arrived with my other goodies I was dismayed to find it as dust. I spent an entire night trying to resurrect it as I really wanted to smoke it. sadly it was too far gone. I sent an email about it , kinda pissed for the price of the tin. Today I found my account has another tin headed my way! Smokingpipes.com Thanks!!! There is something to be said for customer service!

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

coxman

Login to Send PM

I had a similar experience. I bought a pipe and the next week it went on sale. I figured it was worth worth a shot and sent them an email. They gave me credit for the price difference. Now I mostly only buy from them for that very reason.

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. mityahicks

mityahicks

Login to Send PM

I have had equally good experiences with them and spend far too much money there.

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

They have really shined for me over the years, and the way they handled the big red Virginia mold event of Summer 2016 really sealed their top spot with me.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 months ago #
  5. tufftony

tufftony

Login to Send PM

Smokingpipes.com is a wonder - a shop with a marvelous selection of pipes
    and tobaccos and a Customer Service that is unprecedented. Not only does
    Kaye answer your actual question (as opposed to replying with the nonsense
    of an irrelevant form letter as can so often be the case with other companies)
    but she answers promptly and fully in an English that is not only courteous
    but also fluent and grammatically correct!

Most wonderful of all, for a foreign shopper, is the fact that Smokingpipes.com
    offers a total of five shipping options - from crazily expensive express
    shipping down to an incredibly cheap though secure and speedy enough service.
    I now buy all of my tobaccos (and an occasional pipe) from Smokingpipes.com and
    cannot recommend them highly enough.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. tufftony

tufftony

Login to Send PM

I should have added that all of their prices are discounted too.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. craig61a

craig61a

Login to Send PM

1+ on SmokingPipes... I deal with them almost exclusively now.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've always had great customer service from them and their the only online tobacconist I use. Of course I'm partial because their only 2 hrs away from me here in SC. I always get next day delivery and I've never had a complaint.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've done extensive business with smokingpipes.com, and only once has there been an issue; in that one instance, a large tin of Gaslight arrived damaged. I wasn't upset. The container was compromised, but the contents were fine, so I took a couple pictures and jarred up my new crumbly cubes. I emailed the image with a note expressing that I didn't need to return the item, but I was sending them the pictures of what I received to alert them to a potential problem with their inventory retrieval/packaging process.

They emailed me back to inform me that another tin was on the way, and suggested that I jar up the contents of the first tin because they should be fine. Gotta love those folks. "Above and beyond" would be an appropriate description of their resolution.

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm UK based so have only bought from Smoking Pipes Europe but they did something for me that I was grateful for. They are now one of my first ports of call when looking for something in pipe land. I really wish they sold tobacco though. When I first heard they were opening a European division I was hoping it may be the route we would start getting some of those American blends through but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. cachimbero

cachimbero

Login to Send PM

I second Jazz on Smoking pipes Europe: great attention, wish they sold tobacco, but the situation in the EU, regarding tobacco, is chaotic. Even though there is a supposedly single market there are countries where it is forbidden for particulars to import tobacco. What "import"? Is this not a single market? The excuse is to forbid online sales to control that tobacco is not sold to minors, but it is a matter of taxes, of course. Very happy, anyway, to have Smokingpipes in Europe.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. paulie66scandinavian

Paul

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

same here, I'm very happy to have both Smokingpipes Eu and U,S

Paul The Scandinavian'
    Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cdmjr, dmcmtk, pianopuffer, bushpipe81, kilroyjune6, elasmo, jravenwood