PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I just purchased my first Custombilt estate pipe. I have read about them here and elsewhere and it certainly isn't the prettiest pipe but it smokes like a dream. Are there any Custombilt collectors out there with similar experiences?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have a few, and while they are ugly in a pretty sort of way they are damn good smokers, I believe I have 5 and love them all, they remind me of the saying. (Good looks goes but a good cook stays). The old cajun

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I have a Custom built that I found from my Great Grandfathers stuff. I think it's from 1957. I dont smoke it all that often but it is a good smoker!

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
I am up to 5 Custombilts now and they are all fine smokers.

As said before not the prettiest things but they are well made solid chunks of briar.

Enjoy your new pipe.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I have four and smoke them regularly. Three were gifts from my father, one I purchased off of Ebay. For me they are smoker's pipes, not show pipes.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
I snagged one off eBay. Wanted the hyphenated one but none were up at the time so I grabbed a post Mincer for 16 bucks and I am shocked at how good it smokes. The wife does tell me it is ugly as sin though so in my mind it is the perfect shop pipe. I am definitely looking for more.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I have 1 in my regular rotation, a pot shape with the silver band, great smoker, as others have said not the prettiest pipe.
Tom

Aug 1, 2012
I liked how mine smoked but couldn't really get past the look so I traded it to someone who hopefully gives it more smoking time.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Captain I am lucky in that respect also, didn"t mean to say you weren't", by the way that knife my son made is a good skinner, boned out a rack of ribs, he bought a bar of Damascus and he"s gonna make me a Tanto, looking forward to that The old cajun

Aug 1, 2012
No worries Bradley, I was just happy that I've been a bit blessed that way. Glad to hear that knife is a good, usable one. It really looked great and with your son's gift in metal, a Damascus tanto should be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.