PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Guys, here is a custom pipe I made for one of the forum members, Deepsouthrick. I don't churn out many pipes and this one took awhile but it is finally done. It is a large pipe, 9 inches in length technically a volcano. Richard, the fellow I made this for rebuilds custom cars so I wanted to incorporate some lines in the stem and the back of the pipe similar to his '57 chevy but a shape that also worked with the briar block we picked. This was a very nice large flame grain block I got from Steve Norse at Vermont Freehand. The stem is a green Cumberland. I love the way the staining turned out as it looks like lava streaming down the side of the volcano. Originally he wanted the pipe stained green similar to one I made for Politicalmonster (Erin) but the grain was just too amazing to go green, so to compromise I stained the burl green. Richard gave me free artistic reign which allowed me to get creative and deliver up this truly one of a kind pipe. Here are some pics of the pipe and Richard smoking it's inaugural smoke which was some 30 year old Captain Black.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
That's just awesome.
I think even Brad will be jealous of the size.
When I look at it I can't help but think it looks like someone put the briar on a hot plate and the wood started melting. The bottom even bubbled and scorched.
I like it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is a VERY sharp pipe! Volcanos are one of my favorites to make, and smoke.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15344
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15346

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes Bradley is My sounding board for honest opinions and feedback. It is actually bigger than the pipe I made for him in length, but his isn't anything to sneeze at.

Bradley's Poker

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks Zack coming from you that is real praise. I love your work and have learned quite a few things from your posts. Thanks for the encouragement fellows.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Massive, a serious hunk of briar that lives up to its size with grain and shape. The owner looks right at home with it. I expected a really huge guy, but it fits him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.