PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanzebjorn

Lurker
May 11, 2014
Just picked up this in the mail today. This is my second Moretti and there will be more to come! It's pretty close and even better that what i visioned. I am truly happy with Marco's work.
img_20141204_224223-600x600.jpg

img_0563_crop-600x428.jpg

tanzebjorn

Lurker
May 11, 2014
Marco is one of the greatly underrated carvers in the industry, although he is known for some of the straightest grain pipes ever made. Met him at a Chicago show. He and his wife work 6 days a week and maintain their humility, not always easy for an ex-policeman. The pipe above is a beauty and it is obvious to me that his work has constantly evolved. I can understand your wanting more of his pipes and you should hurry before Peck discovers him and orders a 7 day set of straight grains.
I have been reading here and there that Marco is underrated.. I don't quite understand why. Not only is he a great artisan but what a great service he deliveres. It took me about three weeks before I emailed him the drawing until I had the pipe in my hands! :D I was not expecting this at all...
Prolly a stupid question, but who is "Peck"?
That is a fine looking pipe

She's a looker.
Congratulations!
Smoke her in good health.
Thank you!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am a big fan of Bruce Weaver's blasts, but I have to say that is a gorgeous blast and an amazing pipe. Might have to add one to my collection. :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
19996114-7590-47DD-A0A4-3747CF2161F3-15610-000021C077F7A68D_zpse62ce68f.jpg
. I have 2 Morettis, this big honker is my Avatar pipe, this was the pipe I sent to Norwoods to rebore as Moretti does not think you get a good smoke in a big bore. He may be right but I did it and it worked for me. He is a very approachable man, he forgot my custom tamper for the pipe and when asked about it he apologized profusely and I had it chop chop. Didn't mean to steal the thread but he is not mentioned much here and IMHO he's one of the best.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Congrats on a beautiful new burner made by one of the true gems in the piping community. I have a Morta poker made by Marco and my experience in dealing with him was nothing short of perfect. His communication is excellent and he keeps you in the loop with any updates or info on shipping as it arises. He is one of the nicest and most genuine gentleman you will find. He made me a briar tamper like yours AND a morta tamper as well and shipped them separately, after i received the pipe...for FREE. I cannot say enough good things about Marco and Moretti pipes. I would not hesitate to purchase another pipe from him and i know i will in the future, but there's just so many great pipe makers out there, lol! If you are thinking about purchasing a Moretti from Marco via his Ebay or personal website, DO IT...you will not be disappointed. And if you are disappointed, Marco will do what it takes to make it right. That's the kind of man he is, a rarity it seems like these days.
Congrats again tanz, enjoy the hell out of that beauty!
Here's mine:
20140405_145621-600x450.jpg

tanzebjorn

Lurker
May 11, 2014
dscn7476-600x450.jpg

dscn7475-600x450.jpg

I am a big fan of Bruce Weaver's blasts, but I have to say that is a gorgeous blast and an amazing pipe. Might have to add one to my collection.
Here a couple more pics of the finish.
have 2 Morettis, this big honker is my Avatar pipe, this was the pipe I sent to Norwoods to rebore as Moretti does not think you get a good smoke in a big bore. He may be right but I did it and it worked for me. He is a very approachable man, he forgot my custom tamper for the pipe and when asked about it he apologized profusely and I had it chop chop. Didn't mean to steal the thread but he is not mentioned much here and IMHO he's one of the best.
I prefer wider bowls as well, but i like to smoke Missisippi River in a narrow bowl. I feel that I get more taste from this tobacco in a narrow bowl... I am still experimenting with this.
Peckinpahhombre is one of our more flamboyant members. He often posts pictures of his pipes, mostly expensive artisan types. Lately, he acquired 3 Mike Butera pipes, 2 of which are unsmoked. Parks, Cooke, and other artisans have made custom pipes for him. Look for his posts.
I see! Will be on the lookout for his posts :)

tanzebjorn

Lurker
May 11, 2014
Congrats on a beautiful new burner made by one of the true gems in the piping community. I have a Morta poker made by Marco and my experience in dealing with him was nothing short of perfect. His communication is excellent and he keeps you in the loop with any updates or info on shipping as it arises. He is one of the nicest and most genuine gentleman you will find. He made me a briar tamper like yours AND a morta tamper as well and shipped them separately, after i received the pipe...for FREE. I cannot say enough good things about Marco and Moretti pipes. I would not hesitate to purchase another pipe from him and i know i will in the future, but there's just so many great pipe makers out there, lol! If you are thinking about purchasing a Moretti from Marco via his Ebay or personal website, DO IT...you will not be disappointed. And if you are disappointed, Marco will do what it takes to make it right. That's the kind of man he is, a rarity it seems like these days.
Congrats again tanz, enjoy the hell out of that beauty!
Wow! That's a nice Morta Poker you have there! Yes, I agree! I face dilemmas all the time while looking at pipes. But I thinks the next one will be a Moretti as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.