New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lora was in the mountains of NC with her mother as she passed during Christmas, so I didn't expect a Christmas gift. But, last month she was asking me for some of my armadillo belly hides that I tanned last year. The darn things where everywhere, tearing up my garden, so... long story short, I have a pile of hides now. And, she asked me for one of my logo shields that I customize my luggage and various stuff with. This one had a Rhodolite set into it.
She asked for the leather to be dyed my business colors, which are Green and purple. I love and look for these colors in the flash of opal rough that I purchase to work with. However, the saddlemaker can dye the leather any color of the rainbow. She usually works with show horses making custom saddles and gear, and some of that stuff can get fancy.

I usually carry my pipes in a converted camera bag, when I want a rotation with me, but as Spring is setting upon us here, I can use this one to carry out into the fields with me and various errands where I just need one pipe or two and some tobacco.
I love the way this turned out, and she is also making me an armadillo pipe cleaner case in the same colors to keep in my shirt pocket or toss into this nifty bag.
The Saddlemaker told me that it would be OK to post her contact info if anyone wants something similar. This was her first pipe bag, but she has the measurements, and she gave Lora a more than fair price. She can work in different hides, colors, sizes, etc...
This is just an individual artist, but if this violates any forum rules, please delete this at will. But, if ok, her name is Jessica of www.thesugarladystudio.com - 205-587-9701. You'll be working with a real cowgirl, if you decide to have her work something up for ya.
Thanks Lora, I love you!! For Lora, I had a local furrier make a stylish girlie hat made of a fox that no longer eats my chickens, ha ha. We are lucky to live in an area with lots of artists and craftsmen of all varieties.
Anyways, thanks for looking... :puffy:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Cos-

That is Too Cool!! I love it! Are they 100% armadillo or just the pockets inside? Being a northerner I'm quite ignorant of Armadillos LOL! I used to tan groundhog hides when I was a teen- toughest leather ever. The old-timers used to make banjo heads from them....

I like the "cloudy" look of the stain- the light/dark areas. Yes, you are indeed lucky to live in a place with such a variety of craftsmen and artists.

Thanks for sharing. :puffy:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
That is freakin awesome and in my favorite color too. Congratulations, you must be thrilled with it.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
So... ya finally got that Armadillo pipe bag made cosmic. Looking good my man!

Better watch out as they might eventually take revenge and go looking for you! :wink:
pfQ4wTg.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Cosmic: Are you sure that gift for Lora wasn't a brand new Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E9H4Xul6m-Q
Maybe next time you can make her some Boots of Spanish Leather.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4xcYmdJiw

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Heck of a display, Cos. The armadillo is fascinating. Great job and color selection all the way around.
I did take your camera bag advice though. Working great for traveling. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.