PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
I recently acquired a new pipe on EBay it's an unsmoked Custom-Bilt. I'm trying to figure out information on it is there anyone who could help? Thanks guys and gal's.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
There's a very interesting and detailed review of a book on the company on Pipedia.
Pics will get you more replies. Sounds like a neat company history.
And, welcome to the forum!
jay-roger.jpg

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
Thanks I appreciate the warm welcome ok on the pictures how do we do that? I click on the image button it asks for a URL?

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
I'd really like to show y'all some photos and let you tell me what you see but I can't figure the photo share thing out.

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
Okay I can't figure out the photo thing hahaha. So I'll do my best at describing it. It's a smooth side panel billiard pipe unsmoked. The stem has the extention system. And it's got very lite chatter probably from others trying on so to speak. The nomenclature is the script Custom-Bilt no imported Briar underneath. The Pipe is in excelent condition. Wish I could post photos but I'm new and trying to figure this out still.Thanks

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
edit
Don't give up. I just load them to this site, click on it for full size, then copy image location and paste into IMG box.
Or, read this...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-to-videos

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Well to start there are different era's of Custom-Bilt pipes. Most notably one being pipes stamped Custombilt and the other being pipes stamped Custom-Bilt. If you go to YouTube and check out NWPipeSmoker; he has a lot of video's on the Custom-Bilt pipes. He has a book dedicated to the history of Custom-Bilt pipes and he shares different information about the pipes.

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
The stem extention is not metal it is plastic and its all one piece "part of the stem hopefully that makes sense.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan

abrooks80
, welcome to the forum. Please check the link below to learn more about posting pictures:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-to-videos

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
Ok I got the photos on my album in my profile. But not sure how to go about posting them on the thread. The directions were helpful except for the posting on the thread portion as I'm on my phone? Its an Android so....

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It is one of the unique "rites of passage" on this forum.
After you figure out the photo posting, they give you the secret handshake... :nana:
If you've got the pics in your album, you're almost there.
It may be harder to do on a phone. I usually have my album open in a seperate tab next to the forum tab for ease.
On a PC, you'd "right click" the photo and select "copy image location" (NOT "copy image")
Then, over the box where you type the text on the forum, you;ll see an "image" button. Clicking it causes a pop-up box, where you then paste your copied "image location".
Now, you just need to figure out what action replaces "right click"in the android world...
MTFBWY!
jay-roger.jpg

abrooks80

Lurker
Aug 30, 2017
Nice I'm now on my desktop computer with windows 10 and nothing looks like what was shown in the threads that were posted for help. I'll get it someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.