Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Curt Rollar ASPC pipe purchase

(7 posts)
  1. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I did it, I pulled the trigger on my first pipe over $100, I have many Hardcastle, GBD, Sav, Stanwell and a few other quality European briar pipes, all great smokers, but I never paid more than $30 for any of them, I set my limit and stuck to my budget. Now I have been looking at this pipe and at first thought to be a Tinsky but proved to be a Curt Rollar, either way I talked myself into it, $140 shipped, it goes against my budget and principle, however its also my first American made pipe (cob excluded) and I am content. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. ben88

ben88

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have many Hardcastle, GBD, Sav, Stanwell and a few other quality European briar pipes, all great smokers, but I never paid more than $30 for any of them

Ebay?

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You made the right move! It's a lovely pipe.

Dave
    Duke Street Irregular
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes ben88, most of my purchases are off the Bay, I factor shipping and set my max and walk away, I have been lucky on some nice pipes, once I receive the pipes they get a salt bath, retort treatment then off to Stem and Briar for rejuvenation, I figure each pipe cost me around $50, 20 pipes over 4 years.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. buckaroo

buckaroo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats. Old CR pipes are great.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great looking pipe, I hope it is a great smoker for you, congrats.

Harris
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. fluffie666

fluffie666

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a very nice bit of smoking paraphernalia you got yourself. Congradulations on that. Stem And Briar is a nice place to do buisness with. I forgot the guys name who runs it but I bought a few estates from him in the past. He's a pleasure. Enjoy that pipe. I hope you fall in love with it.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bouwser, headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique, donjgiles, ormazd