PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I'll be coming to Seattle now from time to time, with youngest son and family moving there. I gather that the recent thread on Washington state legislation for cigar bars means they don't currently exist. Are there any venues, such as tobacconists, where one could light up? How about cafes or eateries that have outdoor seating?
hp

les

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Good luck. On my last trip to the Seattle area, I was not in a position to do much smoking - I was visiting my mom, who is laid up with a broken hip bone, and she has no idea that I've picked up the habit (and it's just easier to keep it that way). I did notice an awful lot of signage in public areas forbidding smoking in those specific areas - usually the nice outdoor spots with benches at the local mall, and along the boardwalk along the shore in Edmonds - in short, precisely the sort of places one would like to sit with a pipe for a half hour to an hour or so. The motel that we stayed in had a bench outside with an ashcan, so there's that - but you'll definitely need to keep your eyes open. The one tobacconist I've visited in that area (the Tobacco Patch shop in Bellevue) did not have the floor space for a lounge area.

skagit

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
Huh...I'm going to be in Seattle in April and was hoping to enjoy a pipe down by the waterfront by Pike Street Market...may be a no-go eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.