PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
My current rotation is 21 pipes with a rather eclectic variety of pipes: too numerous to count but all are kept in excellent condition and anywhere from a no-name straight prince to a pure straight grain Preben Holm that is beautiful. Most but not all have silver fittings as I prefer those.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I'm on a "I'll try anything" kick right now. The weather is starting to improve and I'm smoking daily again. Burleys and Va's are pushing my buttons currently and I just picked up some more Capstan, a tin of Wessex Balkan Supreme and a tin of Drew Estates Gatsby Luxury Flake. All 3 will get a run through this week. I've had all but the Wessex before.

Jun 4, 2014
Lately I've been on a C&D kick, Three Friars, Mountain Camp and Engine 99. I did just open a jar of Barclay Rex Vincent's Blend that is 3 years old.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member sent me a sampler (his own selection) of about a dozen tobacco blends -- loose, flake, and plug -- so I am enjoying that instead of the usual rotation. However, my own usuals, right now, include MM 965, Sutliff Bulkan 957, PS Luxury Navy Flake, and Tabac Manil Semois, with a bunch of others I enjoy -- C&D non-aro burleys, a few aros, and other fav English blends. A little varied to be a rotation. Right now enjoying a sample of Old Dark Fired, and I might buy a tin of that at the TAPS pipe show next week if the price is right.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Currently smoking from the following.
Erinmore flake

Sam gawith navy flake

Hogggarth rum flake

MacBaren burley london blend

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Drew estate meat pie

Drew estate Gatsby flake

Drew estate central park stroll

Dan devil's holiday

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've got some bulk Va flake, some bulk English Lat. Some bulk VaBur coins, some cav based aros, and several OTC Codgers. I will open a tin from time to time, but generally I use these and sometimes make mix using some of the components on hand.

Codger blends are my tobacco security blanket.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Carter Hall

Sweet Cask

Old Dark Fired

Sixpence

Plumcake

Black Frigate

And So to Bed

Black XX

Yenidje Highlander

Elizabethan

Lagonda

Balkan Sobranie

Solani Silver Flake

Not in any particular order. Just when the mood hits.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
I tend to have a lot of tobacco on hand, but not much open at one time. Right now;
Vauen Trullerie

Esoterica Pembroke

Brigadier Black Antietam

Skandinavik White
also I have jarred and dip into occasionally

G&H Balkan Mixture

McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Frog Morton Cellar, mixture 50|50 1Q and Anni Kake, Quiet Nights, Mississippi River, Early Morning Pipe, Bagpipers dream, Newminster Navy, St. James Flake.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Right now my usual rotation is Lane's 1Q and Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake.
I made a New Year's Resolution to branch out and try more blending styles, so I'm throwing in a new VaPer or a new Virginia blend a lot. I'm typically spending a week with the new blend and then revert back to 1Q and LBF for a week or two and then move on to the next blend.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Weezel's current rotation of SWR and CH made me smile because even though I've been moving through a lot of different tobaccos as of late I've been kind of craving some CH. I usually have at least a pouch layed up with all my jars and tins but I've got none on hand. Looks like trip to the drug store is coming soon!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Fair warning on that Jeff I just talked to a family member of one of my residents today and he said that the drug stores stopped carrying carter hall as well as many of the pipe tobaccos.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Ha better add my current rotation

H and H marquee Magnum opus

C&D Pirate kake

Orlik Goleden Sliced

Orlik Dark fired Kentucky

SPC Deception Pass

Boswell Northwoods

Dunhill Nightcap

RO series Firestorm