PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
So I came across a trick that works for me, but may not work for every pipe.

Have a Peterson Rosslare that no matter what I smoke, How I smoke, How dry or damp my tobacco is, How fast/slow I smoke...This thing would gurgle..I love my Petersons and would not give up on this pipe. In a last ditch effort I thought I'm going to try to "Savinelli" this thing. From the tenon to the shank (inside) there is a small gap (normal) but I thought I might cut a piece of a Savinelli 6mm filter to fit inside this gap, small enough to not restrict draw or get stuck. And PRESTO it works the pipe has stopped all gurgle and moisture is not an issue. I know put a pipe cleaner down it to get rid of extra moisture while I'm smoking. Tried it, didn't help. Now this may not be everyones cup of tea, but worked for me and thought I'd put it out there.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Tried this tonight with a Savinelli that always has smoked wet. Worked like a charm. The draw was a little tight because there was not a lot of room for a small piece of balsa, but it sure beats a wet pipe.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Sounds like a nifty fix. Glad to hear it took care of your gurgle. I've never tried it but I've read about rolling a piece of cigarette rolling paper into a small ball and dropping it in the bowl before packing it. It will apparently wick up the moisture that causes the gurgle. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.