PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Seriously. That's what I keep it around for.
img_20150601_165825-600x450.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
You're overrated :) it seems the trendy position these days is to believe it overrated. It's a fine tobacco without question. It's only overrated if you were expecting it to provide with orgasms... if you buy it expecting a good tasting tobacco... you're expectations will be met or exceeded. It's just a good tobacco.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I think Penzance is wonderful and not overrated at all. Judging from the asking prices I see on eBay, however, I would agree that it's being overpriced on the secondary market.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
It's only overrated if you were expecting it to provide with orgasms... if you buy it expecting a good tasting tobacco... you're expectations will be met or exceeded. It's just a good tobacco.

:rofl:

I've fallen into that trap with some blends myself (stonehaven), but Esoterica has a lot of good blends including Stonehaven and Penzance. Penzance just isn't good enough to my pallet for any kind of quest. But agreed - It's a solid blend

Jun 27, 2016
I know that this is a Penzance thread, but...

weedsnager
They also had some ...
...Balkan Sobranie
...They just posted some more B.S. on their website last night and still have a couple tins, if anyone else was looking. One tin limit, though.
The B.S. is out there online right now though, as I found 2 other sites selling it last night for less than my "max price", with one place not having a tin limit, yet still telling you in your cart when their inventory was depleted. Their price per tin was a little higher than a couple other places, but it was nice to load up and not worry about paying a high per-tin average on shipping, or having to pad the order with more common tins that I normally would wait to buy on sale. I figured that the total on one bigger B.S. order from that shop came out to be just slightly more than if I were to place multiple tin-limited orders plus shipping from the lowest-priced shop, who was out of stock anyway. Right now, I'll pay for the convenience!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Most overrated tobacco ever. For bourgeois hipster fanboys that will be eradicated in 2018 when pipe smoking returns to it's blue collar working man roots.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Andy, that crowd is well served by the new crew at C&D. Penz hype is generated 100% by old fart which, coincidentally, is a byproduct of consuming this tobacco. Vey much a closed loop that continues forever. Kinda like a hydrogen powered ramjet in space...

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
bourgeois hipster fanboy
Anyone who looks down upon other smokers tastes are bourgeois hipster fanboy douche bags. Why do you care so much about perception? Blue collar roots? Lol get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.